Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Get filenames of a specific directory (Forms 6i, 6, Windows Xp)
icon4.gif  Get filenames of a specific directory [message #309336] Thu, 27 March 2008 02:45 Go to next message
azamkhan
Dear Friends,

In my form I want the user to select a operation system directory and after that all the file names in that directory comes into my form.

Is there any way of getting all OS filenames in a specific directory into my forms?

It can be done by using D2K utility but I dont want to use this utility. Is there any Forms' own API?

Regards,
Azam Khan
Re: Get filenames of a specific directory [message #309549 is a reply to message #309336] Thu, 27 March 2008 17:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Open your Form Builder. At the bottom, there is a section labelled "Built-in Packages". This is the list of Forms' APIs.

Do NOT ask, in this forum, which of these can be used to show a list of OS directories. This forum recommends 'd2kwutil' for activities on the PC and the 'host' command for other things that pertain to the Application Server. If you want to use the other interfaces then either search this forum or google it.

David
icon5.gif  Re: Get filenames of a specific directory [message #309575 is a reply to message #309549] Thu, 27 March 2008 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
azamkhan
Dear David,

So are you saying that I can find this buldin in the FORMS list? Razz

Regards,
Azam Khan
Re: Get filenames of a specific directory [message #309586 is a reply to message #309575] Fri, 28 March 2008 01:13 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I repeat:
Open your Form Builder. At the bottom, there is a section labelled "Built-in Packages". This is the list of Forms' APIs.

David
Previous Topic: hoew to control one item from another one
Next Topic: How to populate
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 10:29:04 CDT 2024