Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Accessing forms database tables (Forms 6i)
Accessing forms database tables [message #308601] Tue, 25 March 2008 00:53 Go to next message
yporrasv
Hi, I wonder how to access the list of blocks and the list of fields in a form written on Forms 6i that is stored in the database. I created the database tables but it seems that the old ones (FRM40_BLK and others) are not present.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Accessing forms database tables [message #309238 is a reply to message #308601] Wed, 26 March 2008 19:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Look at the list of tables that exist in the database, remove from them the list of those owned by SYS and SYSTEM, remove from the remaining the list of tables owned by normal users and you should have the ones that are used by Forms.

David
Re: Accessing forms database tables [message #309251 is a reply to message #309238] Wed, 26 March 2008 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yporrasv
Hi there:

David, the forms tables are owned by system, but even I see the tables that were installed there is a great differece between Forms 4.5 script and Forms 6i script to build Forms tables, because in Forms 4.5 there are explicit tables for blocks, fields and so on and so forth, but in 6i the set is greatly diminished and even worst the tables are not storing information about blocks, canvas and items just to mention the most important ones.

Having said that, there has to be a list of tables that actually store all Form information because in 6i the option "store forms in database" is operational but they are not appearing as a subset of ALL_TABLES, DBA_TABLES, USER_TABLES; so they have to be internal tables that I don't know their names.

Do you have a hint about that?

Regards
Re: Accessing forms database tables [message #309281 is a reply to message #309251] Thu, 27 March 2008 00:19 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I googled 'forms 6i database table' and found numerous threads including what I assume is your question at http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=2426156

I can only suggest creating a COMPLETELY new/empty database, save its statistics, save a BIG form (from your post I assume that there will be no new tables), gather the new statistics and then find the differences between the before and after stats.

David
Previous Topic: Can't insert new record
Next Topic: help plzzz, its urgent
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 10:24:12 CDT 2024