Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Application gets closed, leaving a log file in desktop. (Forms [32 Bit] Version 9.0.4.0.19 , Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.1.0 , Windows XP Professional)
Application gets closed, leaving a log file in desktop. [message #307497] Wed, 19 March 2008 00:42 Go to next message
sasipalarivattom
Dear All,

I don't know where I have to post this Question.

I have an application which is working well,
Now a days, it is getting closed suddenly without showing any warning.
As it gets closed, a log file is generated in the desk top.

I am attaching the log file.
Please advice me.

Thanks & Regards,
Sasi...
Re: Application gets closed, leaving a log file in desktop. [message #307510 is a reply to message #307497] Wed, 19 March 2008 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
This sounds like one of those classic Windows XP errors. You know, the one where they tell you to format your hard-drvie, reinstall XP and start all over.

Have you upgraded your Java lately?

How much free disk space do you have on your PC?

David
Re: Application gets closed, leaving a log file in desktop. [message #307522 is a reply to message #307510] Wed, 19 March 2008 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sasipalarivattom
Thanks Mr. David,

I shall format my Hard Disc and will re-install XP.
I didn't Upgraded Java in my system.
and there is above 11 GB free memory in my each drive.
Will these things cause this error??

Regards
Sasi...
Re: Application gets closed, leaving a log file in desktop. [message #307526 is a reply to message #307522] Wed, 19 March 2008 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I have seen this happen at other places and I can't remember how they got around it. Or even if they did. I know some people HAVE reinstalled Forms and JInitiator to get around their problem.

Do you have the latest JInitiator?

Try recompiling all your forms. You should be able to do that at the command line. There is a thread with keywords 'batch compile'. See if that helps at all.

11 GB in an area to which you have write access should be enough.

Can you think of ANYTHING that has changed on your PC recently? Did you install another Java product?

David
Re: Application gets closed, leaving a log file in desktop. [message #307534 is a reply to message #307526] Wed, 19 March 2008 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sasipalarivattom
Dear Mr.David,
Thanks for your quick response.

I have Jinitioator 1.3.1.17
I don't know whether it is the latest version or not.
and I cant remember about any other java product that i install.
I shall check it and will update you..

Once again Thank you very much.

Regards
Sasi...
Re: Application gets closed, leaving a log file in desktop. [message #307540 is a reply to message #307534] Wed, 19 March 2008 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/forms/htdocs/clientsod_forms9i.html doesn't help much.

Look at http://www.integrigy.com/security-resources/analysis/Oracle-CPU-Support-Matrix-January-2008.pdf they recommend "Oracle Jinitiator 1.3.1.26 or higher"

David
Re: Application gets closed, leaving a log file in desktop. [message #310037 is a reply to message #307540] Mon, 31 March 2008 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sasipalarivattom
Dear Mr David,

As per your suggestion , I formatted my hard disk and installed XP again.
Till now , It is working well,(Actually I don't Know the situation when it gets closed!!)

One More thing.
I downloaded Oracle Jinitiator 1.3.1.26 and installed in my system.
But when i run my application, it ask me to install 1.3.1.17 and if I didn't install it, my application will not work.
Las day it ask me to install 1.3.1.8

Can you please explain me this??

Thanks and Regards,
Sasi...
Re: Application gets closed, leaving a log file in desktop. [message #310287 is a reply to message #310037] Mon, 31 March 2008 18:29 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
In 'formsweb.cfg' look for the line starting with "jinit_exename=jinit.exe". On this line you have to change the version number.

David
Previous Topic: Problem in loop to search values
Next Topic: Cannot Read Menu File Error and Error Creating Menu in Oracle Forms 9i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 10:25:06 CDT 2024