Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How to change the background color in List of Values (LOV) ?
How to change the background color in List of Values (LOV) ? [message #301379] Wed, 20 February 2008 06:41 Go to next message
shahmayur
Hiya

In Forms 10g, the background color in list of values (LOV) is White whereas it was grey in Form 6i. Also, the position of 3 buttons i.e. Find, OK and Cancel on LOV is different than what it used to be in Forms 6i.

Is it possible to change the background color and the position of buttons of LOV in Forms 10g ?

Cheers

Mayur
Re: How to change the background color in List of Values (LOV) ? [message #301503 is a reply to message #301379] Wed, 20 February 2008 21:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Have you create an LOV in 10g? Have you looked at its Property Pallette? Have you tried changing any of its attributes?

I am confident that you can't change the position of the buttons. You can create your own LOV forms if your users are incapable of learning the new placement.

Oracle Forms 10g – Forms Look and Feel - How to add those Java thingies without having to know Java
http://www.orafaq.com/forum/m/295730/67467/?srch=community_paper_forms_look_and_feel#msg_295730

David
Re: How to change the background color in List of Values (LOV) ? [message #301629 is a reply to message #301503] Thu, 21 February 2008 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shahmayur
Hi David

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I know there are properties called 'Foreground Color' and 'Background Color' under the Property Pallettes of LOV. But specifying the color in these properties only affects the outer region of LOV. It doesn't change the inner region where the actual values are populated.

Creating an LOV form is certainly an option, but it is time consuming since we have around 100 forms and each form is having 4-5 LOVs.

I had posted this same issue on Metalink. They (Metalink guys) have confirmed that its an bug in Oracle 10g DS R2 and it would be fixed in subsequent releases.

Following is an official response from Metalink:
------------------------------------------------
This issue has been addressed to Oracle Development to be investigated/fixed in the published Bug:
Bug 1559776 <BACKGROUND COLOR SETTING FOR LOV OBJECT DOES NOT WORK ON WEB>

Cheers

Mayur
Re: How to change the background color in List of Values (LOV) ? [message #301813 is a reply to message #301629] Thu, 21 February 2008 17:52 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Thanks for providing the bug reference.

David
Previous Topic: Error ORA-106555 ( Reading From Excel)
Next Topic: Error while generating FMX
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 10:31:45 CDT 2024