Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » I can not run form having only one display item
I can not run form having only one display item [message #299480] Tue, 12 February 2008 03:41 Go to next message
spmano1983
Friends,

I created one form and have only one display item and i given initial value for that... but it compile successfully. but wont run. any specific reason there? post welcomes.

Thanks
Mano

[MERGED and CLEANED UP by LF]

[Updated on: Tue, 12 February 2008 05:31] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: I cannot run while i having only one display item [message #299503 is a reply to message #299480] Tue, 12 February 2008 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sasipalarivattom
Hi dear Mano..

I saw two posts by you with same subject and saw one reply of your question written by you itself!!!!

If you are testing, there is another forum with name test in Others..

Ok now to your question.

There should be atleast one navigable item in a form to run .
Insted of that display item,you can place a text item . If so, the form will run properly.

If you need it as a display item , there is another trick,
place a non database text item in the canvas.change its height and width to 0,0 and now try to run the form..

Regards
Sasi...

[Updated on: Tue, 12 February 2008 04:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: I cannot run while i having only one display item [message #299504 is a reply to message #299480] Tue, 12 February 2008 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spmano1983
Hi,

Thanks.. First i posted not properly.. If not proper means Michel will ask to format the code.. that is what again i modified line by line and posted...

Thanks

Mano
Re: I cannot run forms while i having only one display item [message #299516 is a reply to message #299480] Tue, 12 February 2008 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Form needs to have (at least one) item into which it will put a blinking cursor. Display item does not allow form to set focus into it (i.e. you can't click there and type something), so it throws an error.

Solution? Create a dummy text item.
Re: I cannot run while i having only one display item [message #299522 is a reply to message #299504] Tue, 12 February 2008 05:37 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
spmano1983 wrote on Tue, 12 February 2008 11:50
Hi,
First i posted not properly.. If not proper means Michel will ask to format the code.. that is what again i modified line by line and posted...

Properly formatted post does NOT mean to put every word into its own like (not literaly, but close enough), but to use capital letters at the beginning of a sentence, use punctuation, create a paragraph when necessary, and (above all), use [code] tags while posting your code (that's why Michel complains, but - take a breath - there's nothing to complain here about).

Therefore, I've merged your topics and deleted unnecessary messages. The original message was (and still is) just fine, as far as I'm concerned.
Previous Topic: Date picker in form
Next Topic: insert picture into database through form builder 10g
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 08:28:08 CDT 2024