Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Date convertion and other issues. (Forms 6i)
Date convertion and other issues. [message #299313] Mon, 11 February 2008 07:00 Go to next message
dillango
Dear All,

1. when we enter Gregorian date in the first column, it should automatically convert into Hijiri (Arabic date) date and display in the next column

2. I have two database columns . one has to store English text and next one has to be stored Arabic text. Each time the user has to press ALT+SHIFT key to change the arabic format viz.
How can I switch automatically when the user enters the respective colmns

3. In Reports, when I print the arabic column, it is printing only junk but when I query through SQLPLUS, it is showing correctly.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

I hope Mr.David and Mr.Littlefoot will go through this.

Regards, ILANGO
Re: Date convertion and other issues. [message #299673 is a reply to message #299313] Tue, 12 February 2008 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
This is becoming a common question but I can't find a good answer.

Have a look at http://www.orafaq.com/forum/m/295251/67467/?srch=arab#msg_295251

I tried:
ALTER SESSION SET NLS_DATE_LANGUAGE = 'Arabic';
select to_char (to_date ('22-01-2008', 'DD-MM-YYYY'), 'dd/month/yyyy') Special
  from dual;
and received:
ALTER SESSION SET NLS_DATE_LANGUAGE = 'Arabic'
Session altered

select to_char (to_date ('22-01-2008', 'DD-MM-YYYY'), 'dd/month/yyyy') Special
  from dual
SPECIAL             
--------------------
22/????? ??????/2008
1 row selected
but it didn't change the date. I also tried 'Arabic Hijrah' but it was unknown on my machines.

I can only suggest searching this forum or site for 'arab' or 'arabic' then maybe 'nls_date_format'. Then move onto google, oracle, or metalink.

There is a thread asking about automatically changing the language for a field. I hope this one helps you http://www.orafaq.com/forum/m/295607/67467/?srch=roman#msg_295607

David
Re: Date convertion and other issues. [message #299999 is a reply to message #299313] Wed, 13 February 2008 23:58 Go to previous message
akramrabaya

for the arabic data base col you have to set this some properties to to type in arabic any other language direct

initial keyboard state = local ( this if arabic your local language in your pc )

and in the font name = use any valid arabic font ( Arabic Transparent for example )

you have to make sure that the arabic is your local language in your machine ....

akram
Previous Topic: update sl_no sequencely
Next Topic: Repeat items
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 08:24:56 CDT 2024