Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » insert picture into database through form builder 10g (windows)
insert picture into database through form builder 10g [message #298892] Fri, 08 February 2008 03:13 Go to next message
abosy
Shocked
i have database server oracle 10g on windows2003 server
and oracle application server 10g on windows2003 server
my application built in oracle developer suite 10g
form builder.
i need to insert picture in my application from the clients
such that when user need to insert picture he can choose the
picture from O.S of the client (brows the folder which contains
the picture to choose the certain picture)
how can i do that can any one help me. please i need to explain that step by step.
thanks
Re: insert picture into database through form builder 10g [message #299221 is a reply to message #298892] Sun, 10 February 2008 21:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mintomohan
Hi,

You can use the webutil function WEBUTIL_FILE.FILE_SELECTION_DIALOG to browse a file from the client machine.
Now, use the function WEBUTIL_FILE_TRANSFER.CLIENT_TO_AS_WITH_PROGRESS to copy the file to application server.
Then you can use the forms built-in READ_IMAGE_FILE to read the image to an image item on the form.

Minto
Re: insert picture into database through form builder 10g [message #299337 is a reply to message #299221] Mon, 11 February 2008 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
abosy
hello.
i would like to thank you for reply me
please i did not have any idea about how can
i use the webutil
please if you have any simple example that is explain how to
install and use the webutil step by step i want that please
thanks
Re: insert picture into database through form builder 10g [message #299683 is a reply to message #299337] Tue, 12 February 2008 23:34 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Search this forum for 'webutil'. There are plenty of examples. Alternatively goes to Oracle Forms website and start from there.

David
Previous Topic: I can not run form having only one display item
Next Topic: Customized font display problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 08:23:08 CDT 2024