Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How to get function keys to work in a modal window (Oracle Forms 10g)
How to get function keys to work in a modal window [message #287291] Tue, 11 December 2007 20:01 Go to next message
rktman
Hi there

I would appreciate any help at all with this problem

I have some LOV forms within my 10g forms app server based application that we have migrated from a 4.5 forms client server application
These include dynamic list of value forms that are called from within other forms

Our LOV forms are modal windows (to ensure they are dialog and menus cannot be selected etc)

However when they are modal windows this means menu items and importantly function keys don't work. Hence our normal short cut keys of F7 enter query and F8 execute query don't do anything in the modal LOV form

Previously in a conversion to forms 6 we did have to add special code to the when-new-form-instance of the modal LOV to enable certain "menu items"
This meant that F7 and F8 were enabled inside the LOV

However I cannot find any equivalent function or code in 10g forms
So is anybody able to help me out
???
Re: How to get function keys to work in a modal window [message #288918 is a reply to message #287291] Wed, 19 December 2007 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Have you solved your problem? What code did you add when you converted to Forms 6i? What does Ctrl-K show you when you run the LOV pop-up?

David
Re: How to get function keys to work in a modal window [message #289112 is a reply to message #288918] Wed, 19 December 2007 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rktman
Hi David

No I have not managed to solve the problem

Ctrl-K will not show anything - it is not recognised as the form is modal and keys like that do not seem to "register"

In the 6i forms we added code that effectively tracked through to being a call to
set_menu_item_property(item_id, enabled, property_true)
and also can do a similar piece of code for the execute query button in the toolbar
Now when that code is present the LOV form comes up modal and you cannot click on the menu or toolbar buttons BUT you can see that the enter query and execute query for example are turned on in the toolbar - and using F7, F8 within the LOV works

but the same code doesn't work in the 10g version - it stays modal with no menu or toolbar items "turned on" and does not recognise a execute query or enter query button or a Ctrl K either for example!

So still pretty stuck it seems...
Re: How to get function keys to work in a modal window [message #289179 is a reply to message #289112] Thu, 20 December 2007 00:10 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Change the 'window style' to 'Document' and see what happens.

From the 10g document comes the following

Default: Document
Restrictions: Valid only for a secondary window. (A root window is always a document window.)
Usage Notes: MDI applications display a default parent window, called the application window. All other windows in the application are either document windows or dialog windows.

David
Previous Topic: Running JSP Excel report from Forms 10g
Next Topic: Frm -47105 no image name specified &display error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 08:21:22 CDT 2024