Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » problem with synchronization between multirecord block fields (forms 6i)
problem with synchronization between multirecord block fields [message #286541] Sat, 08 December 2007 00:17 Go to next message
venkatadeekshi
Hi All,

I have a form with a multirecord block.In that block four field values are dependent on each other and all the fields have associated LOVs. Field2 LOV is dependent on field1 value, Field3 LOV is dependent on field2 value and Field4 LOV is dependent on field3 value.

All the LOVs have Validate from list property to YES.

Currently, When i update the field1 value and save it, it allows me save the record.

Infact it should prompt me to change the values of the field 2, field3 and then field4, as these values are dependent on the previous ones.

Is there any way when i update any of the fields and try to save it, it should popup the LOV of the other dependent field.

Thanks in advance
Re: problem with synchronization between multirecord block fields [message #286602 is a reply to message #286541] Sat, 08 December 2007 16:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
You might save the "original" values of those 4 items in the PRE-RECORD trigger and compare them with item values during commit time. If these are different, fine. If not, go to the next item and open its list of values.
Re: problem with synchronization between multirecord block fields [message #288888 is a reply to message #286602] Wed, 19 December 2007 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Consider setting fields 2, 3, and 4 to null when the contents of field 1 are changed.

David
Re: problem with synchronization between multirecord block fields [message #290206 is a reply to message #288888] Thu, 27 December 2007 23:42 Go to previous message
venkatadeekshi
Hi David,

I implemented your suggestion.

Thanks & Regards,

Deekshit
Previous Topic: Clearing those records of a multirecord if the checkbox associated with them is unchecked
Next Topic: THE ATTACHED FILE DIDN'T WORK WITH ME !!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 08:21:03 CDT 2024