Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Make Privileges to admin and different users in forms (not in Database)  () 1 Vote
icon5.gif  Make Privileges to admin and different users in forms [message #285124] Mon, 03 December 2007 11:46 Go to next message
Hany Freedom

How to Make Privileges to administrator and different users in forms ?

I know how to grant and revoke privileges in database .... but I don't know how to make that in forms Sad ... so can anyone help me ..... how to make privileges in forms ?

and thanks.

[Updated on: Mon, 03 December 2007 11:46]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Make Privileges to admin and different users in forms [message #285157 is a reply to message #285124] Mon, 03 December 2007 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
You don't have to; user who can (or can not) do something "directly" in a database (through SQL*Plus, for example) will be (or not be) able to do the same through a form.
Re: Make Privileges to admin and different users in forms [message #285166 is a reply to message #285124] Mon, 03 December 2007 16:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hany Freedom

OKay ..... I will be more specific
I want every user have special password use it to enter to form,
for example :-

1. mr.Hany : admin : his password is "password_one" : he can control to everything.
2. mr.Tony : user : his password is "password_two" : he can read and update only.
3. mr.Jone : user: his password is "password_three" : he can read data only.

that's mean everyone ( Hany , Tony and Jone ) enter to Main form will required from him to write his password ... and when he enter to form will be limited with his privilege.

that's simulate any forum ..... everyone have specific password with specific privilege....... and that exactly what I want to do in my form .

I hope the idea is more clear now ...... and I'm waiting for the answer.
Re: Make Privileges to admin and different users in forms [message #285234 is a reply to message #285124] Tue, 04 December 2007 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spmano1983
Hi,

You can use in PRE_FORM Trigger by checking the user

if user='User1' then
Set_Item_Property('BlockName.Column ',UPDATE_ALLOWED,PROP ERTY_FALSE);
elsif
Set_Item_Property('BlockName.Column ',UPDATE_ALLOWED,PROP ERTY_TRUE);
end if

If anything wrong please tell me.

Thanks

Mano
Re: Make Privileges to admin and different users in forms [message #285279 is a reply to message #285166] Tue, 04 December 2007 03:31 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I still think that creating a user with its own password and granting privileges via
GRANT some_privilege (or some_role) TO user;
is enough.
Previous Topic: Order by
Next Topic: POST-QUERY
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 06:19:02 CDT 2024