Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » calling report from forms in 10g by using run_report_object
calling report from forms in 10g by using run_report_object [message #284243] Thu, 29 November 2007 03:55 Go to next message
krishna_jvs
hi,

i have developed my forms in forms6i,now i upgraded into forms 10g, to call the reports from menu which was customised by own,we have replaced run_product with run_report_object,
still its not calling that report its throwing an error cannot find report:invalid id
betwen message 1 and message 2

i kept my reports in default path that is \reports\samples\demo
still i am not able to get

and here i am giving my code

declare
report_id Report_Object;
ReportServerJob VARCHAR2(100);
BEGIN
message(1);message(1);
report_id:= find_report_object('E:\EMP');
message(2);message(2);
SET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY(report_id,REPORT_COMM_MODE,SYNCHRONOUS);
SET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY(report_id,REPORT_DESTYPE,CACHE);
SET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY(report_id,REPORT_SERVER,'stclnx03.satyam.com');
--SET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY(report_id,REPORT_OTHER,'p_deptno='||:Dept.Deptno||' paramform=no');

ReportServerJob:=run_report_object(report_id);
END;

please help me out by giving some solution for it

Thanks& regards
krishna
Re: calling report from forms in 10g by using run_report_object [message #285879 is a reply to message #284243] Thu, 06 December 2007 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
salwa
you can use hyper links
Re: calling report from forms in 10g by using run_report_object [message #288869 is a reply to message #284243] Wed, 19 December 2007 00:13 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Lose the 'E:' stuff, make sure the report path points to 'E:' and just invoke 'EMP'. I assume you are using a Windows (case-insensitive) environment.

I would recommend searching this forum for 'web.show_document' and use that facility instead of 'run_report_object'.

David
Previous Topic: Separate Frame = True
Next Topic: enable application on browser
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 08:22:08 CDT 2024