Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » how to create one LOV from more than text item
how to create one LOV from more than text item [message #282922] Sun, 25 November 2007 02:38 Go to next message
LAZYGIRL
i have LOV that i want to use it for two text item within same form i should display the same lov

any one have idea

Re: how to create one LOV from more than text item [message #283053 is a reply to message #282922] Mon, 26 November 2007 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
If you want to populate two items at two different times using the same list of values, as the LOV destination property can not be changed dynamically, you need two LOV - but they can ue the same record_group.

If you want to populate two items from the same LOV at one time, then just define the two output items.

David
Re: how to create one LOV from more than text item [message #284115 is a reply to message #282922] Wed, 28 November 2007 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LAZYGIRL
THANKS BRO djmartin

Re: how to create one LOV from more than text item [message #285036 is a reply to message #282922] Mon, 03 December 2007 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pushpendra.tomar
Hi

If you want to use the same LOV in more than one TEXT ITEM then,
in LOV wizard under "COLUMN DISPLAY" tab's "RETURN VALUE" field,
give the global variable name as

"Global.G_field_name"

You don't need to declare this Global Variable any where else.

Now in your program logic implement this way:

Declare

status boolean;
v_value datatype;

Begin

status = Show_Lov('LOV_NAME');

/*
Show_Lov is a built-in which returns either True or False
based whether you selected some value from LOV or canceled it.
*/

v_value := :Global.G_field_name;
or
:Text_Field_Name := :Global.G_Field_name;

End;

For reference see the screen shot attached.

Best of Luck

Pushpendra
[EDITED by LF: removed a large BMP file. Please, read the OraFAQ Forum Guide to learn what kind of images are acceptable. Also, use [code] tabs to improve readability.]

[Updated on: Mon, 03 December 2007 06:05] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: how to create one LOV from more than text item [message #288847 is a reply to message #285036] Tue, 18 December 2007 22:25 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I had never considered using a 'global' for this purpose. Thank you. I will add your suggestion to my repertoire.

David
Previous Topic: ocx control
Next Topic: Run and send report as email from forms10g
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 08:26:09 CDT 2024