Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » how to retrieve database values to a text items(in a separeate block) (forms 6i)
how to retrieve database values to a text items(in a separeate block) [message #278642] Mon, 05 November 2007 04:26 Go to next message
satishveluru
dear friends

i have two datablocks A,B

data block A contain two text items

code amount(multiple record block)

my requirements are

1) this code and amount values are retrieved(from x table) into this block A(here we cant edit those values)

2) while clicking this CODE or record IT HAS TO GOTO another block B there we are going to edit the amount .

3) while saving block A and Block B values are going to store into different tables like (x and Y)

what are set i have to do can anyone tell me
Re: how to retrieve database values to a text items(in a separeate block) [message #278653 is a reply to message #278642] Mon, 05 November 2007 05:11 Go to previous message
azamkhan
Dear friend

The way I see it, it can be done in following way:

Make a base table of X table and make its insertion, updation and deletion property to false. In this way user can view the record but he/she cannot update it.

Place an edit button with navigation false. On pressing it copy your current record of X table to another block which must be a non base table block.

Here place a save button. On pressing this button issue explicitly inserts to your desired tables and finally issue commit.

In this way no data will be updated in X table and your updated data will be inserted and saved in your desired tables.

Regards,
Azo Khan
Previous Topic: help with execute_query
Next Topic: Disabling a Particular record in a multi-record block
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 06:22:22 CDT 2024