Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » FRM-41337 when I try to populate second list item
FRM-41337 when I try to populate second list item [message #268993] Thu, 20 September 2007 06:52 Go to next message
scriptrunner
Hi,

I have a form which contains two list items (LI1, LI2). They are both members of data block DB1 ("database item" = "yes" for both L1 and L2 list items).

I populate the first list (LI1) in form level trigger WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE with the data from table X and it runs ok. However, when I try to populate the second list (LI2) in the item level trigger WHEN-LIST-CHANGED, on the runtime, I receive an error message "FRM-41337:Cannot populate the list from record group".

There is no problem with the record group or item list. When I try to populate second list item (LI2) in the form level trigger WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE, it works just fine. It also works without any error when I changed the "Database Item" property of second list item (L2) to "No".

EXAMPLE:
When I open the form, I populate the first list (LI1) with the values "Plants", "Animals", "Mushrooms"...etc from a table. Then, when I select an item from this list, I want to populate second list (LI2) according to my LI1 selection from another table, for instance "rose, tree, grass..." or "bee, eagle, dog.."

Is there anyone have any idea about the solution?
Re: FRM-41337 when I try to populate second list item [message #269051 is a reply to message #268993] Thu, 20 September 2007 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Soumen Kamilya

Before populating the list clear the list first,then try to populate it.
It comes because of record group is invalid or the list item does not satisfy the requirements for deleting and adding elements. Make sure that the record group which you are using to populate the list is valid one,

Cheers
Soumen
Re: FRM-41337 when I try to populate second list item [message #269171 is a reply to message #268993] Thu, 20 September 2007 22:58 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Why are you populating the group yourself? Just define the two record_groups via the Forms Builder and use them in the LOVs. The form will take care of the rest for you.

David
Previous Topic: Form from 10g to 8i
Next Topic: user of enter button of key board to perform some action
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 04:26:58 CDT 2024