Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » user of enter button of key board to perform some action
user of enter button of key board to perform some action [message #268976] Thu, 20 September 2007 05:15 Go to next message
mk_agg1969
Hi Champs,

I want to right a code, which should execute when end user presses Enter Button from key board. Can any one guide me about.

I am attaching a bmp file. in the screen my cursor is on June-2007. My target is to open another form when user press "ENTER" button here.

Regards,

Manoj

[EDITED by LF: removed a huge BMP file. Attach a JPG instead. Read the OraFAQ Forum Guide.]

[Updated on: Thu, 20 September 2007 05:30] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: user of enter button of key board to perform some action [message #269167 is a reply to message #268976] Thu, 20 September 2007 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I have just modifed the 'test' form to test whether 'key-enter' will work in 10g. Unfortunately, it does not. My test had a 'key-enter' and a 'key-others' trigger on a field and the 'key-others' was the one that fired when I pressed the 'Enter' key. If you do a Ctrl-k (Key List) you will see that Oracle Forms is expecting a 'Return' key. I believe that any difference between 'enter' or 'return' is just semantics.

Using the 'enter' key for anything other than default navigation is fraught with difficulties. I suggest putting a button next to the field and ask the user to press that.

David
Re: user of enter button of key board to perform some action [message #269372 is a reply to message #269167] Fri, 21 September 2007 17:59 Go to previous message
Soumen Kamilya

Why don't you try with WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED trigger, it works for both with mouse & enter key.

Cheers
Soumen
Previous Topic: FRM-41337 when I try to populate second list item
Next Topic: error in inserting records from forms6i (strange)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 04:19:13 CDT 2024