Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Concurrent program unable to pick parameter from DB
Concurrent program unable to pick parameter from DB [message #267488] Thu, 13 September 2007 08:31 Go to next message
shally
I have made a concurrent program that internally invokes a Unix shell script.

This script requires parameters that are to be picked from database. Below is the concurrent program Info:

Executable Information:
execution method: Host
file name : temp

Note:temp is a soft link for temp.prog file which is
located at $XXX_TOP/bin.

Parameter Information:
Value Set:80 characters optional
Default type:sql statement
Default value: select name from table_name;
Default size:80

But When I run this concurrent prog, it is not able to pick parameter value from database.

Is there any way to debug this issue? Have anyone faced this issue before?

[Updated on: Thu, 13 September 2007 08:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Concurrent program unable to pick parameter from DB [message #267514 is a reply to message #267488] Thu, 13 September 2007 10:43 Go to previous message
live2learn
Hi Shally,

I have couple of things to share with you for this sort of concurrent program:

==> Recreate the soft link everytime u do testing.

==> For picking a value for a paremeter(is the value is being picked from a select statement) it should be unique rite. That means run the select query in ur session which fetches values for ur paremeter. Is u get more than one value then u have to use a WHERE condition to maintain one-one value relationship between ur parameter and the value from the database field.

==> If everything is fine and even u have the same problem......reregister the program with all necessary conditions.....
Previous Topic: Help For Error Code
Next Topic: Chinese characters in export xml
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 04:26:32 CDT 2024