Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Open LOV after Entering Query Mode
Open LOV after Entering Query Mode [message #266409] Mon, 10 September 2007 15:32 Go to next message
Alvarado
Hello everyone, I have a new question that I haven't seemed to find an answer for with the forum search and the documentation.

I need to automatically open a List of Values right after entering Enter Query Mode, but I can't seem to find the appropriate trigger to make the call to the LOV (this is Forms 6i by the way).

I have tried the KEY-ENTQRY trigger, but this seems to call the LOV before the item is ready to receive the value from the LOV.

Another option I tried was to call the LOV when the item that is linked to the list gains focus, but the PRE-TEXT-ITEM trigger cannot fire during enter query mode (even with the flag turn to Yes).

Can anybody give me some guidance?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Open LOV after Entering Query Mode [message #266413 is a reply to message #266409] Mon, 10 September 2007 15:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
As far as I can tell, you can't do much while in ENTER QUERY mode (except entering a query criteria and executing a query). As soon as forms reaches the ENTER_QUERY procedure, it stops executing any statements that follow this line and waits for user input. In other words, SQL*Forms processing enforces certain restrictions while in ENTER QUERY mode.

I believe you can not programatically open list of values while form runs in Enter Query mode. Perhaps it is possible, but I wouldn't know how to do that.
Re: Open LOV after Entering Query Mode [message #266421 is a reply to message #266409] Mon, 10 September 2007 18:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alvarado
I had to settle for the When-Mouse-Click trigger, seems to work fine in Enter Query mode.

Would a newer version of Oracle Forms allow for the kind of functionality I described?

Re: Open LOV after Entering Query Mode [message #266930 is a reply to message #266421] Wed, 12 September 2007 01:00 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Have a look at http://www.orafaq.com/forum/m/215735/67467/?srch=lov+query+mode#msg_215735

David
Previous Topic: how to add Javabean item on the Canvas?
Next Topic: How to go to First Record in Developer 10g
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 04:17:45 CDT 2024