Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » is it possible to write a procedure inside a trigger
is it possible to write a procedure inside a trigger [message #264743] Tue, 04 September 2007 07:18 Go to next message
sauk
Dear friends,

i am new to pl/sql..I donno whether am asking the question in the right forum..

I ve got an oracleform 10g..In that i ve got few text items.when validating the text field i ve to check the input by using a function.i cant do it directly inside the trigger coz it looks a bit messy.

Is it possible to write a procedure or a function inside a trigger.if so is it possible to pass the runtime value as an input to the procedure?
Re: is it possible to write a procedure inside a trigger [message #264745 is a reply to message #264743] Tue, 04 September 2007 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Write a procedure (or a function or even a package) under the "Program Units" node and call it whenever needed from any other PL/SQL code in your form (i.e. trigger, another procedure etc.).
Re: is it possible to write a procedure inside a trigger [message #264750 is a reply to message #264743] Tue, 04 September 2007 07:54 Go to previous message
sauk
thanks i'll try it that way!!
Previous Topic: How to transfer data from excel sheet to oracle using oracle forms?
Next Topic: proble of content canvas
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 04:16:45 CDT 2024