Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » A strange problem....
icon4.gif  A strange problem.... [message #264104] Fri, 31 August 2007 15:39 Go to next message
imtiazmasud

Hi all,
I am facing a strange problem..I have made several forms using forms 6i oracle 8i,Here each form is working individually very well..no problem(insert/update/delete is performing welly)...

But when I have attached all the forms using a menu ..then it is giving an extra message during the time of save new data that "FRM-40405: No changes to apply" but saving all data welly..

How can I get rid off that problem...can anyone suggest ?

NB: The form is working individually no problem Mad

[Updated on: Fri, 31 August 2007 15:39]

Report message to a moderator

Re: A strange problem.... [message #264105 is a reply to message #264104] Fri, 31 August 2007 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Save changes by using
STANDARD.COMMIT;
instead of COMMIT (or whatever you have at the moment). If there's nothing there, write a KEY-COMMIT trigger and put this statement in it.
icon4.gif  Re: A strange problem.... [message #264106 is a reply to message #264104] Fri, 31 August 2007 16:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
imtiazmasud

Hi man,
I have tried with this code but still not working..I am attaching this form.....This form is suffering me a lot..............imtiazmasud
  • Attachment: UNIT_INFO.fmb
    (Size: 76.00KB, Downloaded 1001 times)
Re: A strange problem.... [message #264176 is a reply to message #264106] Sat, 01 September 2007 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sasipalarivattom
Hi dear.
I tried your form, I found nothing like u said.
Please attach that menu also?
Re: A strange problem.... [message #264582 is a reply to message #264106] Mon, 03 September 2007 19:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I notice that the contents of 'key-commit' and 'pb_save when-button-pressed' are identical. You may wish to consider placing the code in a Program Unit and calling the one pice of code from the two triggers.

Yes ... please post the menu.

David
Re: A strange problem.... [message #265675 is a reply to message #264582] Thu, 06 September 2007 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
imtiazmasud

Sorry for late reply..and as I was sick so I was detached..ok any way...I am attaching my menu..I have also tried with creating new menu with new path..but it did not work at all..
Re: A strange problem.... [message #266431 is a reply to message #265675] Mon, 10 September 2007 21:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I can not do a save from your form unless I create the table that your are using and I don't have time to build the 'create table' script. It states in the sticky that making a 'create table' script is part of your duties if you want us to run your form.

Previously I had said that you have the same code in two places. Upon further review I see that one is the 'save' button and the other is the 'commit' trigger. The 'commit_form' in the 'save' trigger will invoke the 'commit' trigger.

Change your 'save' trigger to do a 'do_key('commit_form')'.

David
Re: A strange problem.... [message #266503 is a reply to message #265675] Tue, 11 September 2007 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I forgot to mention that the copy of 'unit_info.fmb' that you attached to your previous post does not have the menu defined in it. Also, I see that the menu has the full directory name in the 'open_form' statement. I recommend that you do not put the directory name in the form but specify it via the FORMS_PATH.

David
Re: A strange problem.... [message #267588 is a reply to message #266503] Thu, 13 September 2007 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
imtiazmasud

Hi david,
I have separated 'key-commit' and 'pb_save when-button-pressed' and placed the code in a Program Unit and calling the one pice of code from the two triggers.....but still not working...

here you know, that the two different triggers one is "key commit" trigger which will fire only when "F10" key is pressed and another trigger will fire only when "save" button will be pressed.

and you know the the individual form is also running successfully but creating problem when calling it from main menu the giving an extra message "No Changes to save" which is painful,,,

Here is the table script

create table unit_info
(
 unit_id varchar2(10) constraint unit_id_pk primary key,
 unit_name varchar2(50),
 unit_desc varchar2(100)
);

insert into unit_info
values('1','Kg','Kilogram');

insert into unit_info
values('2','Lbs','Pound');

insert into unit_info
values('3','Ft','Feet');
  • Attachment: UNIT_INFO.fmb
    (Size: 84.00KB, Downloaded 945 times)

[Updated on: Thu, 13 September 2007 15:22]

Report message to a moderator

Re: A strange problem.... [message #267616 is a reply to message #267588] Thu, 13 September 2007 20:51 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I repeat:
Quote:
Change your 'save' trigger to do a 'do_key('commit_form')'.

Try that and get back to us.

Debugging hint: Add 'message('asdf');pause;' pairs at the beginning AND end of EVERY trigger and piece of code in your form. Run your program and KNOW which triggers are firing and WHEN.

David
Previous Topic: menu module
Next Topic: conversion
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 04:21:46 CDT 2024