Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Called Form Debugging
icon5.gif  Called Form Debugging [message #261935] Fri, 24 August 2007 01:54 Go to next message
prachi.mgorwadkar
Hello Everyone,

Can anybody help me, that how can I debug the called form within another form?

As when we use debug option, we can only debug the form we execute, not the one which is called.

Thanks in advance,
-P
Re: Called Form Debugging [message #261989 is a reply to message #261935] Fri, 24 August 2007 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Did you try to run ONLY the called form (without even opening or starting the first form)?

I guess you exchange some information between those two forms; if so, you'll have to "atrificially" create an environment for the second form to work (for example, declare global variables, execute query with suitable WHERE clause etc.).
icon5.gif  Re: Called Form Debugging [message #262207 is a reply to message #261989] Sat, 25 August 2007 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prachi.mgorwadkar

Thanks for your quick reply.

Yes, I exchange some information between the two forms.

And I tried declaring global variables, messages & all.

But, I want to see all the functionality through debugging.

Is it possible by any means?

Thanks in advance,
-P
Re: Called Form Debugging [message #262409 is a reply to message #262207] Mon, 27 August 2007 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Yes, compile each of the forms with debug turned on. Start your first form from within Forms Builder and you will be able to work your way through them and get to debug when needed. By the way, you will have to have the development library defined in the 'Start In' box of the Forms Builder shortcut.

David
Re: Called Form Debugging [message #262455 is a reply to message #262409] Mon, 27 August 2007 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prachi.mgorwadkar
Hi David,

Thanks for the reply.

But, sorry. I did not get your mail clearly-

1> You said -
"you will have to have the development library defined in the 'Start In' box of the Forms Builder shortcut"

2>
And what about compile each of the forms with debug turned on?
When I searched it in the help, I found following help.
ifcmp60 module=myform userid=scott/tiger debug=yes

I am using Forms 6. And I am using it from the last 8 months only.
And I compile as Ctrl + k or Shift+Ctrl+k.
And Run as :- Ctrl+R AND debug as :- Shift+Ctrl+k.

Can you please explain a little more?

Thanks in advance.
-P

Your answer to me :-
Yes, compile each of the forms with debug turned on. Start your first form from within Forms Builder and you will be able to work your way through them and get to debug when needed. By the way, you will have to have the development library defined in the 'Start In' box of the Forms Builder shortcut.
Re: Called Form Debugging [message #262606 is a reply to message #262455] Mon, 27 August 2007 20:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
1) I assume you are using Windows. Go to Start > Programs > Oracle whatever > Forms Developer > Forms Builder and RIGHT mouse click it. The right mouse-click menu will appear. On it, there is an option 'properties'. Select it. The second 'box' is labelled 'Start in', place the directory name in which you have your forms and libraries init it. Press 'apply' and then 'OK'.

2) Do a Ctrl-Shft-K (Compile All) and Ctrl-T (Generate) on all the libraries and then all the forms. You are running 6. So I think you are restricted to running the Forms from Forms Builder to use debug.

David
Re: Called Form Debugging [message #262701 is a reply to message #262606] Tue, 28 August 2007 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prachi.mgorwadkar
Thanks
for quick reply.

First point
You mean I can not debug called form from my calling form as I am using Forms 6.

As per your reply,

1) I assume you are using Windows. Go to Start > Programs > Oracle whatever > Forms Developer > Forms Builder and RIGHT mouse click it. The right mouse-click menu will appear. On it, there is an option 'properties'. Select it. The second 'box' is labelled 'Start in', place the directory name in which you have your forms and libraries init it. Press 'apply' and then 'OK'.

the first one is for what purpose?
As per my knowledge, when we install Forms 6, the path automatically get settled.

In my case, it is :- C:\orant\FORMS60.

As per your second point:
2) Do a Ctrl-Shft-K (Compile All) and Ctrl-T (Generate) on all the libraries and then all the forms. You are running 6. So I think you are restricted to running the Forms from Forms Builder to use debug.

I always do whatever you asked to.

Moral of the discussion is , I can not do what I wanted to.
Am I right?

Thanks in advance.
-P
Re: Called Form Debugging [message #263036 is a reply to message #262701] Tue, 28 August 2007 19:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Incorrect, you CAN debug your called form but you will need to start the calling form in the Forms Builder and EITHER have a 'break' immediately before the 'call' and then enter the new form using the step-by-step feature OR have a 'break' in the 'when-new-form-instance' trigger of the called form so that it will stop upon entry.

You say "I always do whatever you asked to." well if you had you would be able to tell me what is currently in the 'Start in'! Did you even LOOK to see whether 'start in' had been populated? I sometimes wonder why I give detailed instructions when you punks are not even willing to LOOK.

Moral of the story "do what you are asked" and then give feedback. Stop being so defeatist. I'll tell you when I think that you can't do something. I may be wrong and someone else will have the answer.

David
icon5.gif  Re: Called Form Debugging [message #263134 is a reply to message #263036] Wed, 29 August 2007 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prachi.mgorwadkar
Thanks Sir,

for your quick reply.

As you say, we do not do whatever you asked to.
Ok, then let me clarify you in detail about what I have done.

As per your first point which says :

Incorrect, you CAN debug your called form but you will need to start the calling form in the Forms Builder and EITHER have a 'break' immediately before the 'call' and then enter the new form using the step-by-step feature OR have a 'break' in the 'when-new-form-instance' trigger of the called form so that it will stop upon entry

Now, 1st -> as per you will need to start the calling form in the Forms Builder and EITHER have a 'break' immediately before the 'call' and then enter the new form using the step-by-step feature this,

I have put a break immediately before the called form i.e. the call statement & then I crossed the RED CROSS at the top, to start my form execution. After that when the cursor came to that debug point (which is, immediately before the call statement), it's done nothing. It only called the called_form. What I want is to debug the called form means, put a break at any statement I want in the called form.

And 2nd thing is, I want to debug called form while I call it from the calling form. So, how can I
have a 'break' in the 'when-new-form-instance' trigger of the called form so that it will stop upon entry
This I can do only if I run the called form separately, right?
Because, when I press Ctrl-shift-R to run in debugg mode, the module I can see contains only one form (i.e. the calling form).

Now, your next point which says :
You say "I always do whatever you asked to." well if you had you would be able to tell me what is currently in the 'Start in'! Did you even LOOK to see whether 'start in' had been populated? I sometimes wonder why I give detailed instructions when you punks are not even willing to LOOK.

In this case,
I have seen the Start in at first only, I mean before compiling or run the form, which is my mistake, agreed

Now as you say, I have seen the Start in of the form when I run it. In it I found C:\orant\FORMS60. which is same as before form run. And I already told you about this in my previous mail. Please check.

And now about this You say "I always do whatever you asked to. I said this about is Ctrl-Shift-K and Ctrl-T.

Now, tel me where I am wrong.

Sorry for the again & again disturbance.

Or should I upload my 2 forms? Please reply.

Thanks in advance,
-P
Re: Called Form Debugging [message #263371 is a reply to message #263134] Wed, 29 August 2007 21:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I feel that we are dealing with the problem of having a 'common language' but not having a 'common meaning'. When you said "the first one is for what purpose?" and "As per my knowledge, when we install Forms 6, the path automatically get settled." I assumed that you had not looked at the 'Start in' in the properties of the Forms Builer short cut. You say "I have seen the Start in at first only, I mean before compiling or run the form". This I don't understand as the 'Start in' is not displayed but has to be searched for and was why I gave you the instructions on how to do it when you said "But, sorry. I did not get your mail clearly-". I assumed you did not know how to get to the properties of the shortcut and therefore gave the full explanation.

So please confirm that you have looked at the properties of the Forms Builder shortcut and that the 'Start in' does contain 'C:\orant\FORMS60' and that ALL of your forms and libraries reside in 'C:\orant\FORMS60'.

You say "After that when the cursor came to that debug point (which is, immediately before the call statement), it's done nothing." Did you press the 'Step Into' button to go to the next form?

You then say "This I can do only if I run the called form separately, right?" No. I said to compile all forms with debug mode turned on. If you want a 'break' in the next form then open the form, put a 'break' in the code, compile and maybe save it WITH the 'break'.

If you were running 9i or 10g I would have got you to add a 'debug.attach' to your menu somewhere but I don't have 'debug.attach' in my Forms 6 so it may not exist in 6i. Please have a look at the bottom of your Forms Builder 'Object Navigator', under 'Built-in Packages', have a look at 'Debug' and see if it contains an 'Attach' procedure.

Please try this and get back to us.

David
icon5.gif  Re: Called Form Debugging [message #263479 is a reply to message #263371] Thu, 30 August 2007 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prachi.mgorwadkar
Hello,

Thanks for the reply.
1>
As per your point
Please have a look at the bottom of your Forms Builder 'Object Navigator', under 'Built-in Packages', have a look at 'Debug' and see if it contains an 'Attach' procedure

I checked in my forms, i did not find "Attach" Procedure.

I have attached the image of that with this mail.

2>
I feel that we are dealing with the problem of having a 'common language' but not having a 'common meaning'. When you said "the first one is for what purpose?" and "As per my knowledge, when we install Forms 6, the path automatically get settled." I assumed that you had not looked at the 'Start in' in the properties of the Forms Builer short cut. You say "I have seen the Start in at first only, I mean before compiling or run the form". This I don't understand as the 'Start in' is not displayed but has to be searched for and was why I gave you the instructions on how to do it when you said "But, sorry. I did not get your mail clearly-". I assumed you did not know how to get to the properties of the shortcut and therefore gave the full explanation.

So please confirm that you have looked at the properties of the Forms Builder shortcut and that the 'Start in' does contain 'C:\orant\FORMS60' and that ALL of your forms and libraries reside in 'C:\orant\FORMS60'.

As per this point,
When you asked me to look in Start-in property of the Form Builder, I have seen it immediately & replied to you also about it. Again you said "you do not know how to see it", so I thought the start-in property changes after we compile or run the form, that's why I have mentioned in my previous mail that
"I have seen the Start in at first only, I mean before compiling or run the form". But, now it is cleared & I know how to see start-in & what is there. it is :- C:\orant\FORMS60.

Now as you say
"You then say "This I can do only if I run the called form separately, right?" No. I said to compile all forms with debug mode turned on. If you want a 'break' in the next form then open the form, put a 'break' in the code, compile and maybe save it WITH the 'break'."

Here, what I asked you was, if I want to debugg the called form, (means put the debugger on the line of code I want). This is not possible if I run first the calling form & the called form through it.
Because, when I press Ctrl-Shift-R, the calling form opens in Debug mode, and not both the forms. So, I can put the debug point only in the calling form (not the called). (Because I can not see the module & its below objects like blocks, fields etc. of the called form).

I have clarified your previous mail.
Actually, I want to attach more files with restriction you provided, but here I can not find the option of attaching more than 1 files. Please help.

Thanks in advance,
-P
  • Attachment: attach.JPG
    (Size: 103.03KB, Downloaded 653 times)
Re: Called Form Debugging [message #263483 is a reply to message #263371] Thu, 30 August 2007 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prachi.mgorwadkar
Will attach the 6 files.
Means, a I can only attach 1 file per message, will create 6 messages for 6 files.

Please see in sequence, i.e. f1, f2, f3, f4, f5, f6.

Descriptions:-

f1 : Put the debugger in the calling form just before the called_form is called.

Other description will be their in the related messages with the file attached.

Please reply.
-P
  • Attachment: f1.JPG
    (Size: 305.30KB, Downloaded 752 times)
Re: Called Form Debugging [message #263484 is a reply to message #263371] Thu, 30 August 2007 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prachi.mgorwadkar

Attached is the 2nd file.

Description:-

f1 : Debug has started.

Please reply.
-P
  • Attachment: f2.JPG
    (Size: 236.02KB, Downloaded 648 times)
Re: Called Form Debugging [message #263486 is a reply to message #263371] Thu, 30 August 2007 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prachi.mgorwadkar
Attached is the 3rd file.

f3 : Debug has started step by step.

Please reply.
-P
  • Attachment: f3.JPG
    (Size: 324.41KB, Downloaded 677 times)
icon5.gif  Re: Called Form Debugging [message #263487 is a reply to message #263371] Thu, 30 August 2007 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prachi.mgorwadkar
Attached is the 3rd file.

f4 : Debugger has come on the called form statement.

Please reply.
-P
  • Attachment: f4.JPG
    (Size: 335.40KB, Downloaded 722 times)
Re: Called Form Debugging [message #263489 is a reply to message #263371] Thu, 30 August 2007 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prachi.mgorwadkar

Attached is the 5th file.

f5 : Focus will now go to the called form. This is just a last display of the calling form.

Please reply.
-P
  • Attachment: f5.JPG
    (Size: 231.89KB, Downloaded 611 times)
icon5.gif  Re: Called Form Debugging [message #263490 is a reply to message #263371] Thu, 30 August 2007 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prachi.mgorwadkar
Attached is the 6th file.

f6 : The called form i.e. fa071tpt is called.

Have my previous mails are clear now?

Thanks and Regards,

-P
  • Attachment: f6.JPG
    (Size: 202.48KB, Downloaded 636 times)
Re: Called Form Debugging [message #263720 is a reply to message #263490] Thu, 30 August 2007 20:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Four, repeat, four times I said to have the directory that contains your forms and libraries in the 'Start in' of your Form Builder. Time and again you just cut and pasted my question and gave long answers but never, repeat NEVER, used the work 'yes' or 'no'. It takes ages to read all the stuff you write and to try and understand what you MAY mean.

But thank you for posting your text in which you have the following:/forum/fa/2974/0/but it ISN'T the directory that you kept on talking about ('C:\orant\FORMS60').

Please, please, please TELL us by writing its name in your answer WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE DIRECTORY IN WHICH YOU STORE AND RUN YOUR FORMS AND LIBRARIES??

Make these two things (the 'Start in' directory and the directory where you do your work) the same and your problem WILL GO AWAY!!

David

ps. Please practice in the 'test' forum to learn how to have more than one attachment in a post (browse and upload multiple times) and PLEASE save them as either 16-bit color or as a JPG.
  • Attachment: untitled.bmp
    (Size: 7.98KB, Downloaded 3337 times)
Re: Called Form Debugging [message #263802 is a reply to message #263720] Fri, 31 August 2007 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prachi.mgorwadkar
Thanks for the reply.

Sorry for the in comfort.

Now I will write the whole thing I can see, when I right click the Form Builder. And one more thing,

Oracle Forms 6i -> Form Builder, this is what I can see when I click start-> Programs.

And I right-click this Form Builder Option.
Now the contents are :-

Target :- C:\orant\BIN\ifbld60.EXE

Start in :- C:\orant\FORMS60

And where I store my forms : either my local drive disk other than C: or the directory of our storage server,
Not C:\orant\FORMS60

And when I click the Find Target Button at bottom,
a window is opened with path as : C:\orant\BIN
and files as : DLLs, OCX and ifcmp60, ifbld60 etc. applications.

Now, you want me to save my form in the start in Directory, am I right? And after doing this I can do debugging of the called form through the calling form, right?

Thanks & regards,
-P

icon5.gif  Re: Called Form Debugging [message #264142 is a reply to message #263720] Sat, 01 September 2007 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prachi.mgorwadkar

Sir,

Please reply soon.

I am waiting for your reply.

Thanks in advance.
-P
icon5.gif  Re: Called Form Debugging [message #264350 is a reply to message #263371] Mon, 03 September 2007 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prachi.mgorwadkar

Hello,

I am eagerly waiting for the reply.

Thanks in advance.
-P
Re: Called Form Debugging [message #264624 is a reply to message #263802] Mon, 03 September 2007 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Okay. The directory "D:\PMG\WORK\audit_form6_hsec" is "the directory of our storage server". It is from here that USERS access your system, it should NOT be your development area. YOU have a directory "C:\orant\FORMS60" and this SHOULD be your development area. You need to have a copy of any program you wish to debug in this directory.

You should have your development directory (C:\orant\FORMS60) as the first entry in your forms60_path in your registry, and the system directory (D:\PMG\WORK\audit_form6_hsec) as the second entry in your forms60_path. Remember to keep the other entries in the forms60_path or your forms runtime will have problems.

"D:\PMG\WORK\audit_form6_hsec" will contain the 'fmx' files but does not need to contain the 'fmb' files if you and your organisation do not wish to expose your code to the wider community.

You should NOT use the directory name in your 'new_form' calls. You need to go through ALL of your forms and remove any directory name. The calls should only contain the form name.

So, get copies ofthe forms you wish to work with into your development area, remove the directory names from the 'new_form' calls, turn debug 'on', generate and compile your forms, make sure you have a 'break;' in the when-new-form-instance trigger of each form you need to debug and run the main form from your Forms Builder environment. You will be able to debug your forms.

To debug the libraries you will also need copies of the pll and plx files in your development area.

David

David
Re: Called Form Debugging [message #264642 is a reply to message #264624] Tue, 04 September 2007 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prachi.mgorwadkar
Hello,

Thanks for the reply Sir.

As you said
"So, get copies ofthe forms you wish to work with into your development area, remove the directory names from the 'new_form' calls, turn debug 'on', generate and compile your forms, make sure you have a 'break;' in the when-new-form-instance trigger of each form you need to debug and run the main form from your Forms Builder environment. You will be able to debug your forms."

I have tried the same on Saturday.
I saved my both forms in the "C:\orant\FORMS60)" directory as you said earlier.

And turn debug on means you want me to run the form in Debug Mode, right? So, I have already tried that by pressing Shift-Ctrl-D.
Please, clarify me if I am wrong.
Because, when I have done this, again the calling form get opened in Debug mode, not the called one. As, my control (in Form Navigator) is only on one form at a time (calling form in this case.) So, how can I put the Debug in many forms while the Debug turning on? Embarassed

Sir, I am reallying not getting you. If you are saying is true, then why it is not possible in my case?

I have attached one file, which shows the 2 forms saved in "C:\orant\form60" folder, & the debug mode is on which shows only one form (module - fae005new). So, please let me know how can I put the Debug in other form other than fae005new.

Can you please, send me the image of the same from your side.

Thanks in advance,
-P
Re: Called Form Debugging [message #264906 is a reply to message #264642] Wed, 05 September 2007 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Did you change your FORMS60_PATH?

Did you "go through ALL of your forms and remove any directory name"?

David
Re: Called Form Debugging [message #264955 is a reply to message #264906] Wed, 05 September 2007 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prachi.mgorwadkar
Sorry Sir,

Now I have changed the path for call_form & given only the form name as :-

call('fae070man', NO_HIDE);

I have saved my 2 forms in the C:\oracnt\forms60 folder &
the executables are also in the same path.

Now, I run the main form i.e. fae005new with debug option by pressing Shift-ctrl-R.

Is this right? Because, I could not put debug option in my called form i.e. fae070man.
You mean, I can actually see all forms in debug window, when I press Shift-Ctrl-R. right?

Here, I have attached the REGISTRY PATH of my machine.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Called Form Debugging [message #265663 is a reply to message #264955] Thu, 06 September 2007 19:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Received by PM:
Quote:
Sorry Sir, for doing P.M.

But I want the answer ASAP.

Now I have changed the path for call_form & given only the form name as :-

call('fae070man', NO_HIDE);

I have saved my 2 forms in the C:\oracnt\forms60 folder &
the executables are also in the same path.

Now, I run the main form i.e. fae005new with debug option by pressing Shift-ctrl-R.

Is this right?
Because, by doing this, I could not put debug option in my called form i.e. fae070man.
You mean, I can actually see all forms in debug window, when I press Shift-Ctrl-R. right?
Or it is like, when the called_form is called i can put the debugger in it?

(Confusion is when exactly can I put debugger in the called form.)

I have attached the REGISTRY PATH image of my machine, in ora-faq forum.
(I do not know how to attach file in PM.)

Where :-

1> C:\orant\forms60 : i the path you want me to use.
2> D:\pmg\work\... : I am using it for testing purpose.(my local drive path)
3> \\isddev : Is our Forms storage Server, where we actually put the forms (fmb + fmx).
And , there in one other folder on "isddev", where we put all the fmx for the users to use.

That's all.
Please answer.

Thanks in advance.
- Prachi
Re: Called Form Debugging [message #265664 is a reply to message #265663] Thu, 06 September 2007 19:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Sorry for late reply but my internet connection has been very poor the last couple of days.

The area of the 'registry' I need you to look at is this one.
/forum/fa/3011/0/
My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE followed by the 'HOME' in which you have saved your Forms Builder.

You MUST have 'C:\orant\forms60' at the beginning of the list of directories in the 'FORSM60_PATH entry and also in your 'Start in' for the Froms Builder. I know that I have my forms directory second but that is because I have the generator direcotry first. I MAY change the order in the future but only if I HAVE to modify an Oracle supplied 'forms generator' routine. This is very unlikely but did happen at one installation where I worked (not my fault, it was how the 'low lifes' who set up their system had done it).

I said previously:
Quote:
So, get copies ofthe forms you wish to work with into your development area, remove the directory names from the 'new_form' calls, turn debug 'on', generate and compile your forms, make sure you have a 'break;' in the when-new-form-instance trigger of each form you need to debug and run the main form from your Forms Builder environment. You will be able to debug your forms.

Please READ this paragraph again and DO EVERY STEP.

David
  • Attachment: untitled.JPG
    (Size: 42.97KB, Downloaded 3400 times)

[Updated on: Thu, 06 September 2007 19:17]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Called Form Debugging [message #265968 is a reply to message #265664] Sat, 08 September 2007 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prachi.mgorwadkar
Sir,

Thanks for the reply.

I again attached the Registry image, with this.

I am really not very aware of where to exactly look for the path. Embarassed

I have sub-directories under Oracle Directory as :-

Oracle ->
1> All_Homes -> ID0 -> contains a long list.
All_Homes -> Home0 -> I attached with this.
2> Oracle_Homes -> Oracle0
Again does not contain C:\orant\forms60 path.

remove the directory names from the 'new_form' calls, turn debug 'on', generate and compile your forms, make sure you have a 'break;' in the when-new-form-instance trigger of each form you need to debug and run the main form from your Forms Builder environment. You will be able to debug your forms

How can I do this ?
I am not getting one thing, how can I put debugger in each of the form's - New Form Instance trigger ?

I either pres Shift-Ctrl-R or one yellow button on the left of the Navigator.

But, i can not put debug on for each form i want to run. I am able to do it for only one at a time.

Can you please provide image or the steps from the start, what you do?

Thanks and Regard,

Prachi
Re: Called Form Debugging [message #266523 is a reply to message #265968] Tue, 11 September 2007 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
In 'regedit' put your cursor on the node labelled 'ORACLE', then do a 'find' for 'FORMS'. It will scan your registry from you currently highlighted point until the bottom.

Concerning 'break;:
Open your forms builder, open a subordinate form, go to the 'when-new-forms-instance' trigger, add a new line AFTER the 'begin' statement, type 'b','r','e','a','k', and finally ';', do a Ctrl-Shft-K, a Ctrl-T, a Ctrl-S, and then a Ctrl-W to close the form.

Open the top form and run it in debug mode.

David

[Updated on: Tue, 11 September 2007 01:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Called Form Debugging [message #267995 is a reply to message #266523] Mon, 17 September 2007 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prachi.mgorwadkar
Hello Sir, Razz

Sorry for the late reply. I was very busy, so I could not reply.

I tested what you said. But presently what my problem is,
first of all, I will only change the destination path & call statement path of those forms which I want to test for the debug purpose.
Because first I have to test whether it's working properly then only I am allowed to do the changes in all my forms. Is this ok?
As I have to take permission from my seniors & the boss.

So, as you said, I copied the 2 forms in C:\orant\forms60 path.
I changed the call statement, as I already shown you the line.
I only put the form name nothing else in the call statement. Even I put the break; statement in the called form's When-New-Form-Instance, then I presed shift-Ctrl-K then, Ctrl-s & Ctrl-T & finally Ctrl-R for the calling form, but it did not work out.

Sir, please let me know whatever I have done above is right? Or it still missing any important step? Embarassed

Attached is the image of my Registry, please check it.

Thanks & Regards,
Prachi G.
Re: Called Form Debugging [message #268244 is a reply to message #267995] Tue, 18 September 2007 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Ctrl-R is 'Run Form', not 'Run Form Debug'. Press the icon with the 'bug, arrow, and lines of code', not the one with the 'traffic lights'.

David
Re: Called Form Debugging [message #268304 is a reply to message #268244] Tue, 18 September 2007 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prachi.mgorwadkar
Sorry again,

By mistake I wrote Ctrl-R, actually it's Shift-Ctrl-R only.

Second thing is,
Press the icon with the 'bug, arrow, and lines of code', not the one with the 'traffic lights'.

I used that button or Shift-Ctrl-R, (both are same) for debug.

Sorry for disturbing you again & again. But, please give me answers for my yesterday's reply.

Sir, can you come on-line. Because for your reply I have to wait the whole day & this process is becoming very lengthy.

Thanks in advance,
Prachi
Re: Called Form Debugging [message #268317 is a reply to message #268304] Tue, 18 September 2007 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Does the debugger run for your first form? Can you step through the various statements one at a time? Does the called form open in the debugger when it is called?

David
Re: Called Form Debugging [message #268321 is a reply to message #268317] Tue, 18 September 2007 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prachi.mgorwadkar
Thanks for the quick reply Sir. Cool

Yes the debugger runs for my first form.

I can step through the various statements one at a time.

The called form opens through the calling form, but not in debug mode. It opens normal like when we run the form.
I can not debug it with various steps.

Below is the beginning of my called form's New Form Instance Start.

BEGIN
break;
message_to_user('After break');

set_window_property(forms_mdi_window, window_state, maximize);
set_window_property('window1', window_state, maximize);
set_window_property(forms_mdi_window, title, 'Kinetic Engineering Ltd.');
set_window_property('window1', title, 'Audit - Bill Passing Module');

default_value('X','global.option');
default_value('0','global.inward_no');

Regards,
Prachi G.
Re: Called Form Debugging [message #268489 is a reply to message #268321] Tue, 18 September 2007 19:42 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Prachi,

Please accept my sincerest apologies for implying that you were doing something wrong. Actually, I was more than implying.

I have got debug to work the way that I had been instructing you in 9i (obviously) and also under 6i. However, I had never done it in Forms 6. Well, I have just spent an annoying couple of hours trying it in Forms 6 and it really sucks.

The only way I can see to get it to work is to put a 'break;' at the beginning of EVERY trigger and AFTER every branch to another form (call_form, open_form, new_form).

Again, please accept my apologies. I hope that this extra piece of information enables you to move on with your problem.

David
Previous Topic: ODBC connection
Next Topic: :System.Mode
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 04:20:28 CDT 2024