Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Problem with Webutil CLIENT_HOST
Problem with Webutil CLIENT_HOST [message #261508] Wed, 22 August 2007 18:56 Go to next message
Prasad01
Hi,
I am trying to use Webutil_host.NonBlocking_With_Callback.
When I invoke a txt document via notepad, it works fine but not for doc file
This is for Notepad:
V_PROCESS_ID := WebUtil_Host.NonBlocking_With_Callback('NOTEPAD '||C:\Test.txt, 'CALL_BACK');
This works absolutely fine,it opens the txt file and my code in Call_Back trigger gets fired when I close the 'Notepad Application'

But when I want to open word doc I cannot use above code. so I have to use
v_cmd := 'cmd /c C:\Test.doc';
V_PROCESS_ID := WebUtil_Host.NonBlocking_With_Callback(v_cmd , 'CALL_BACK');

This works fine upto opening the document, but also immediately fires the code in Call_Back trigger not waiting for the 'Word Application' to be closed.

Is there a way to get around this???
Re: Problem with Webutil CLIENT_HOST [message #261869 is a reply to message #261508] Thu, 23 August 2007 21:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Have a look at http://sheikyerbouti.developpez.com/webutil-docs/Webutil_store_edit_docs.htm search 'WEBUTIL_HOST' and study the example that is using the '/WAIT' option. Does this help?

David
Re: Problem with Webutil CLIENT_HOST [message #261872 is a reply to message #261869] Thu, 23 August 2007 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Prasad01
No mate doesnt help, its still the same
Re: Problem with Webutil CLIENT_HOST [message #261894 is a reply to message #261872] Fri, 24 August 2007 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Have you tried using the 'host' or 'client_host' command?

In the 'ole' world there is a 'start application' feature but I don't think it performs the way that you desire.

David
Re: Problem with Webutil CLIENT_HOST [message #261897 is a reply to message #261894] Fri, 24 August 2007 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Prasad01
I have tried Client_Host and also Client_Ol2, they work fine.
But I want to use WebUtil_Host.NonBlocking_With_Callback, because when user finishes typing word document and closes word, 'CALL_BACK' trigger would fire.
This enables me to update database and forms. Otherwise user will have to click in the form somewhere to fire my code
Re: Problem with Webutil CLIENT_HOST [message #262382 is a reply to message #261897] Sun, 26 August 2007 20:05 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I think you will have to raise this question on metalink or on Oracle's own Forms forum.

My gut feeling is that 'notepad' is a 'single' program application but the various MS Office products (Word, Excel, etc) are a 'multiple' program application. Are there parameters that you can use to 'force' Word to be seen as a 'single' program application?

David
Previous Topic: Email in oracle
Next Topic: When change application server url java is missing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 04:18:47 CDT 2024