Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » fetching null records using check box
icon9.gif  fetching null records using check box [message #261044] Tue, 21 August 2007 10:16 Go to next message
ashishmate

Hi FRIENDS
I' am having check box field in my form which is having three types of value in back end(oracle) 'Y','N' and null.

I have following properties set for check box.
Value When Checked = 'Y'
Value When Unchecked = 'N'
Check Box Mapping of Other Values = Unchecked (this is because i want to show null values 2)

But when I query on this field with check box Unchecked this only shows records records with 'N' 'N' and not the null records even when i have set Check Box Mapping of Other Values property = Unchecked.
Can you tell me how can I fetch null records using check box.
the generated by form for this is check box <> 'Y' which is not returning the null values is the any way by wish i van change this clause (this is not default where clause).
Re: fetching null records using check box [message #261110 is a reply to message #261044] Tue, 21 August 2007 19:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Have you tried clearing the item associated with the checkbox as part of the 'pre-query' and then not doing anything to the checkbox. Does that pass a 'null' into the query?

David
Re: fetching null records using check box [message #261243 is a reply to message #261110] Wed, 22 August 2007 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ashishmate

Thanks for reply David,
If I am not doing anything to the checkbox in query mode it will return all records including null ( cause there is now where clause) ..... but I want to fetch null values with 'N' values (when check box unchecked) thats why I set the following properties
Value When Checked = 'Y'
Value When Unchecked = 'N'
Check Box Mapping of Other Values = Unchecked (this is because i want to show null values 2)
ASHish....
Re: fetching null records using check box [message #261859 is a reply to message #261243] Thu, 23 August 2007 19:53 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Then in the Pre-Query test to see if the checkbox is 'null' and if it is 'null' then use the 'set_block_property(default_where)' to specifiy that you want 'N' and 'null'.

Search this forum for 'default_where' for examples.

David
Previous Topic: tutorial ford2k
Next Topic: Calling reports menu along with related reports
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 04:26:08 CDT 2024