Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » pll migration problem
pll migration problem [message #260863] Tue, 21 August 2007 02:46 Go to next message
egyhamada
hi all
i need to migrate forms from 6i to 10g
i compiled the plls Successfully
but when i compile the form contains a certain pll which access a variable in package specification it gives error :
component <the variable name> must be declared

it is not till this point but also when i remove the attached pll and reattach it and compile
every thing is ok after that if close the form after saving and try to open it again and compile the first error comes again

any idea ....

i have 6i and 10g release 2 developer in Different homes
Re: pll migration problem [message #261100 is a reply to message #260863] Tue, 21 August 2007 18:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
  1. Are the pll files and fmb files in the same directory?
  2. Have you specified the directory that contains these files in the various 'paths'?
  3. Have you specified this directory in the 'start in' parameter of the 'shortcut' through which you start the Form Builder?
  4. Did you do a Ctrl-Shft-K (Compile ALL) on your pll files and fmb files before generating them?

David
Re: pll migration problem [message #261185 is a reply to message #260863] Wed, 22 August 2007 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
egyhamada
Are the pll files and fmb files in the same directory?
yes they are in the same directory

Have you specified the directory that contains these files in the various 'paths'?
yes, in forms_path

Have you specified this directory in the 'start in' parameter of the 'shortcut' through which you start the Form Builder?
i did not reach to make a shortcut i just try to compile the fmb files

Did you do a Ctrl-Shft-K (Compile ALL) on your pll files and fmb files before generating them?
on pll the compile is correct but the form which has this pll when i compile it - the form - it gives errors

Re: pll migration problem [message #261587 is a reply to message #261185] Thu, 23 August 2007 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
How are you compiling the fmb files? Through the Forms Builder or at the command line?

David
Re: pll migration problem [message #262215 is a reply to message #261587] Sat, 25 August 2007 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
egyhamada
yes from form builder
Re: pll migration problem [message #262413 is a reply to message #262215] Mon, 27 August 2007 00:05 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
How are you starting the Forms Builder?

David
Previous Topic: Problem with Add_Olearg(Object,VT_DISAPTCH)
Next Topic: Timer Problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 04:21:58 CDT 2024