Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » FRM 40507 : UNABLE TO FETCH NEXT QUERY RECORD ??
FRM 40507 : UNABLE TO FETCH NEXT QUERY RECORD ?? [message #260480] Mon, 20 August 2007 01:54 Go to next message
jhedspig

I am working on forms/oracle 10G

there is this form which has a Combo Box list item.
data in this list is fetched from a table 'A'.

while saving data the value in the list item is saved in
another table 'B'

Now when i try to query the form using F11 and Ctrl + F11
it gives me an error :

FRM: frm 40507 UNABLE TO FETCH NEXT QUERY RECORD

Details of the FORM :

a) there is only one table
b) we are using 2 datablocks . parent and child. This is because the child is
displaying about 5 records. No parent child relation is set in the datablocks yet or in the table. can we do this in a single table ?
c) now the user shall select a value from the activity list ( combo box ) . The date and time are auto populated in when new form instance. User then enters data for the child records and clicks save.
d) data is save correctly.
e) but while querying data that is saved it errors out saying that : FRM 40507 Unable to fetch next query record

Will we have to define a parent child relation in the single table or in the datablocks ?
i m really confused ??

please guide what cn be done ...
Regards

[Updated on: Mon, 20 August 2007 07:22]

Report message to a moderator

Re: FRM 40507 : UNABLE TO FETCH NEXT QUERY RECORD ?? [message #260782 is a reply to message #260480] Mon, 20 August 2007 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
If you are working with a master detail structure then you need to create a 'relations' between the two blocks. Even if you are using the same database table you need to do this.

If you haven't worked with a master detail form before then go to the sample forms on the Forms web site, download an example or two and work through them.

David
Re: FRM 40507 : UNABLE TO FETCH NEXT QUERY RECORD ?? [message #260821 is a reply to message #260480] Tue, 21 August 2007 01:27 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Don't PM your questions. Place them in this thread.

David
Previous Topic: JavaScript
Next Topic: orainst.exe creating an error while installing Forms4.5
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 04:30:14 CDT 2024