Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Java applet runs within Oracle form
icon5.gif  Java applet runs within Oracle form [message #258758] Mon, 13 August 2007 09:34 Go to next message
heidi_999
Hi All,

I'm wondering if any one can help me with my problem??!!

I'm building a software using oracle 9i Developer and Oracle 9i DB. some parts of my software are image processing (like cutting parts of the image and save them is a specified location, Removing the background of the image, and things like that) I have done these using java and I would Like to plug it in with in my forms which are suppose to do other things beside the image processing. Is it possible to do that????? if yes please let me know how.
Can oracle handle image processing so I would not need to plug-in the java applet so it would be pure oracle?????
What Bean area is used for???

Thank you very much in advance..

Heidi
Re: Java applet runs within Oracle form [message #258949 is a reply to message #258758] Mon, 13 August 2007 19:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
For Java stuff go to the Forms web site http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/forms/index.html and look at the material under 'PJC/Bean Library(External)' and the java stuff under 'Sample Code'.

No, Oracle Forms is not image processing software. It will display and store images but not manipulate them directly.

Someone else can talk to you about the Java bean area or you can check it out on the Oracle web site or reference manual.

David

Re: Java applet runs within Oracle form [message #259189 is a reply to message #258949] Tue, 14 August 2007 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heidi_999
Thank you David for you reply..

I'm working now on 9i and from what I read about 10g is that it is capable to handle images!! Do you think its better if I changed my work to 10g?? coz I want to move to 10g but I'm afraid that it wont help me much??!!

Thanks a lot,
Heidi
Re: Java applet runs within Oracle form [message #259191 is a reply to message #259189] Tue, 14 August 2007 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sanka_yanka

Oracle 9i Release 2 Developer Suite and Oracle 10g Developer Suite are not much differ. So, that wouldn't help you to make such software using Forms.

Cheers
Sanka
Re: Java applet runs within Oracle form [message #259779 is a reply to message #259191] Thu, 16 August 2007 08:39 Go to previous message
heidi_999
Thank you..Smile
Previous Topic: How to write code for delete statement .....?
Next Topic: Populate Nth level of Hierarchical tree
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 04:22:52 CDT 2024