Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Can we develop a messenger application using 6i or 9i
Can we develop a messenger application using 6i or 9i [message #252176] Wed, 18 July 2007 01:22 Go to next message
sasipalarivattom
Hi Pal,
Can I Create an application, something like yahoo messenger using 6i or 9i?
Using my application,people should have to sign in using their id and password,then they should be visible as online, then anyone else should cha with him.
If yes,will you please guide me?

Thanks n Regards
Sree..
Re: Can we develop a messenger application using 6i or 9i [message #252207 is a reply to message #252176] Wed, 18 July 2007 02:42 Go to previous message
bahubcd
I think you can do it. But it won't serve you efficiently. You may also require minor applications in java to do so. Later you also need to integrate those applications by the one you have prepared in forms.

So best i can suggest is use Flash Technology to develop a messenger.

Because Oracle forms' main advantage is that it is tightly coupled with the database. So if you want to develop an application where in you have to do a lot with the database queries, updations etc etc, then Oracle forms is very useful. The one you are trying to do is just the message flow. So finally is suggest you to develop the same using Flash or java j2ee technologies.

Previous Topic: ERASE Built-in in Forms 9i
Next Topic: Help In Execution Query
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 00:15:21 CDT 2024