Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Header & Line Level Information
Header & Line Level Information [message #239452] Tue, 22 May 2007 08:02 Go to next message
siva27
Hi All,

I have a Form,Which consists of Header level & Line level.I can able to insert the data through Form.
When i query i will get all the data in the data base.
For Ex : again i hvae to insert new record in the line level by keeping header level same it shold not be changed.

If i query next time i have to get all the 2records with header.And i should not update the exsisting Old records.
Can any one help me to slove this problem.
Give me simple code on pl/sql if having...

Regards
Siva
Re: Header & Line Level Information [message #239638 is a reply to message #239452] Tue, 22 May 2007 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
karthick2809
wats your problem in inserting new line record?..a u using master detail relationship b/w header and lines?
Re: Header & Line Level Information [message #239647 is a reply to message #239638] Tue, 22 May 2007 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
siva27
Hi karthick thanks for reply

Yes i need that relation like master-detail.Master record is selected i shold get all the details record corrosponding to header record.
And even we have to add new records in the details,old records shold be update.But header should be the same after insert also.
When i query i shold get the new record added in the details.
If u have the code please send me

Regrads
Siva
Re: Header & Line Level Information [message #239704 is a reply to message #239647] Wed, 23 May 2007 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
karthick2809
there is nothing to code....i will explain u stepwise

create table dep_master( dep_id number(15)primary key,dep_name varchar2(20));

create table dep_lines(line_id number(15),dep_id number(15) references dep_master(dep_id),emp_name varchar2(20));

1)create the above two tables

2)now open new form.create a new data block for dep_master using datablock wizard.

3)now create another datablock for lines..once u choose the dep_lines table,it wil ask you to create relationship.unclick the auto-join data blocks. now click the create relationship button.choose based on join-condition.

4) now choose the master block, you wil find two text boxes ,choose dep_id in both the text boxes..here u are creating a master detail relationship between them.

5)in the layout wizard for dep_lines ,choose layout style as tabular and redords displayed as 10.u can even use the scroll bar if needed.

6) compile it and run..

hope u got what u wished..
Re: Header & Line Level Information [message #240051 is a reply to message #239704] Thu, 24 May 2007 00:46 Go to previous message
siva27
Hi karthick thanks for reply

I got the solution from ur side.

Regards
Siva
Previous Topic: HOW TO COMPARE ?
Next Topic: Single executable from oracle forms/On-Logon
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 02:18:42 CDT 2024