Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » how can color and label a push button?
how can color and label a push button? [message #238796] Sun, 20 May 2007 00:54 Go to next message
khan.shiraaz
hi

i have colored a oush button but im not able to show the label of the button,even if i do it hides behind the push button.

plz help

thanks and regards
shiraaz khan
Re: how can color and label a push button? [message #238821 is a reply to message #238796] Sun, 20 May 2007 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Button label is placed on the button. The only way to "hide" it is to make label color = button color (i.e. foreground color = background color). If so, change one of those colors.

If you are talking about button's PROMPT (and not a label), it will be hidden behind the button if its "attachment offset" is set to a negative value large enough to hide the prompt text behind the button. If so, set offset value to 0 (i.e. its default value).
Re: how can color and label a push button? [message #238984 is a reply to message #238821] Mon, 21 May 2007 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
khan.shiraaz
hi littlefoot

thx for ur help,i appreciate it.but it seems that i didnt make self clear so let me explain wat exactly i want.

my objective: to create a coloful push button with the name clear on it.

steps:
1) i created a push button
2) "gave the label as clear"
3) tried to change the color of it using forground color nad background color property,how ever nothing happend even though i changed these properties.
3) so i set the iconic proerty as yes("after setting it to iconic not able to see the label ")
4) but didnt give any iconic file name as i want to give a label and color of my choice to the button
5)now i changed the background color of the button to blue succesfully("coloring task done")
6) as i dont see the label i thougt of using "BOILER PLATED TEXT" option to show the label
7) gave the text as CLEAR
Cool after gicing teh text i got hidden behind the button
9) when i moved the button i can see the text on the canvas as CLEAR but not on the button

"so plz suggest me wat should i do to make make push button colorful"

thanks and regards
shiraaz khan
Re: how can color and label a push button? [message #238989 is a reply to message #238984] Mon, 21 May 2007 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
You did that the most possible complicated way ...

Here's a screenshot and all I did was to change foreground and background color - nothing more and nothing less. (don't mind ugly combination, though).

/forum/fa/2491/0/
Re: how can color and label a push button? [message #239079 is a reply to message #238989] Mon, 21 May 2007 07:39 Go to previous message
khan.shiraaz

i have already tried that before posting the last thread.
it seems that the version of the software that ur using is different from the one im using.im using "Forms [32 Bit] Version 6.0.8.8.0 (Production)" may be thats the reason its not reflecting the changes. wat do u think? anything else you would like to suggest my friend.

Thanks and regards
shiraz

Previous Topic: Values autoupdate / ORA-01476 (merged)
Next Topic: browser hung state
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 00:13:50 CDT 2024