Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » urs_mbfarook question on Spaces in directory and file names
urs_mbfarook question on Spaces in directory and file names [message #231927] Wed, 18 April 2007 20:33
djmartin
Account Moderator
Received by PM:
Hi Martin,

I have stored file name and path in a single column. I want to open the file while forms run time. The file opens if the name file name doesnt having space if its having space in path or in name then I cant open the file through forms

Declare
MyApplication OLE2.OBJ_TYPE;
ConvID PLS_INTEGER;
APPID PLS_INTEGER;
file_name varchar2(150);
begin
file_name := :Crq3.s_filnam;
--Orbase.Message_Box('file_name',file_name);

If :Crq3.S_Extcde ='BMP'then
Appid := dde.app_begin( 'C:\Windows\System32\mspaint.exe '||file_name || '',dde.app_mode_minimized);
END IF;
end;
If the file name is C:\ss.bmp its opening
the path C;\documents and settings\ss.bmp then its try to open C:\documents.bmp

what I can do for this?

Plz help me

With Regards Umar Farook

First, my given name is 'David' and I am happy to be addressed in this forum by that name when it is spelt fully. Second, please don't PM me your questions unless I ask you to do so. If you want an answer, ask the 'forum'. I will get to EVERY thread in the 'forms' forum ultimately.

Oracle Forms can not handle directory or file names with spaces. Either don't use them or try using the 'tilda' construct, e.g. 'C:\docume~1\ss.bmp' instead of 'C:\documents and settings\ss.bmp'

David
Previous Topic: HELP: Create an LOV in which a few of the values cannot be selected(read only)
Next Topic: web.show_document
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 26 22:49:40 CDT 2024