Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » HELP: Create an LOV in which a few of the values cannot be selected(read only)
HELP: Create an LOV in which a few of the values cannot be selected(read only) [message #231247] Mon, 16 April 2007 02:03 Go to next message
lunatic8806
Hi everyone,
Can someone help me with this? How can I create an LOV in which a few of the values cannot be selected(read only)?
Any input would be of GRRREAT help!!
Thanks!
Surumi ABdulla

Re: HELP: Create an LOV in which a few of the values cannot be selected(read only) [message #231423 is a reply to message #231247] Tue, 17 April 2007 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kamran.it
u can do through select statement

select item1, item2, item3 into tablename

or you can use here WHERE

Re: HELP: Create an LOV in which a few of the values cannot be selected(read only) [message #231926 is a reply to message #231247] Wed, 18 April 2007 20:26 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Received via PM:
Hi David,
I am hoping you could help me out on this one too!!

I have to create an LOV for a column called Serial_No. There is another column called End_Date. The Serial_No LOV should contain values which for which End_Date has not been specified. Any idea on how I can do this?

Thanx in advance,
Surumi Abdulla

Please don't PM me your questions unless I ask you to do so. If you want an answer ask the 'forum'. I will get to EVERY thread in the 'forms' forum ultimately.

In the 'where' clause of the LOV's 'select' statement test for 'End_Date is NULL'.

Concerning your original question I don't believe that you can have 'read-only' values. My definition of an LOV is 'a list of valid values'. The idea of 'read-only' values goes against this definition. If you want then NOT to be valid then 'fail them' in the When-Validate-Item trigger of that item.

David
Previous Topic: wanna compare ... how do i achieve it?
Next Topic: urs_mbfarook question on Spaces in directory and file names
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 26 22:52:14 CDT 2024