Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Attach vertical scrollbar for text item
Attach vertical scrollbar for text item [message #230427] Wed, 11 April 2007 23:35 Go to next message
rathipriya07
Hi , I would like to use the text box as a percentage column and increase or decrease the same using a vertical scrollbar. Please let me know if you an idea how to implement the same.

thanks
Rathi
Re: Attach vertical scrollbar for text item [message #230436 is a reply to message #230427] Thu, 12 April 2007 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
How about two buttons?

One called 'increase' (with a down arrow) and one called 'decrease' (with an up arrow). Make the height of the text field equal to the height of the two buttons. Put the buttons to the right of the text box.

When the 'increase' button is pressed, use the command 'set_item_property(height)' to change the height of the text field (until you reach a maximum). The 'decrease' button would decrease the height until it reached a minimum.

Remember to do a 'synchronize' so that the screen is refreshed.

David
Re: Attach vertical scrollbar for text item [message #230538 is a reply to message #230436] Thu, 12 April 2007 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rathipriya07
Thanks David,
i want to only increase/decrease the percentage value in the text box, not the height of textbox itself. I can do that using increment or decrementing on click of the button.
But ,want to achieve the same using scrollbar.

Going by your suggestion, do how do i get arrows on the button?? do you want me to make it iconic and add an arrow image?

Right now I am trying to implement it using a multiline text box .If i could populate the multiline text box with 1 to 100 values on form load, i think it would work.But again iam stuck here. i dont know how to implement this.

what do you suggest?
Re: Attach vertical scrollbar for text item [message #230791 is a reply to message #230538] Thu, 12 April 2007 20:16 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I don't know what this means.
Quote:
i want to only increase/decrease the percentage value in the text box

Do you want a "Progress Bar"?

Search this forum for 'progress' and you will find http://www.orafaq.com/forum/m/126649/67467/?srch=progress#msg_126649 and http://www.orafaq.com/forum/m/120834/67467/?srch=progress#msg_120834.

Yes, use iconic buttons with arrow pictures on them.

Previous Topic: open form
Next Topic: more than one layout
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 26 22:48:16 CDT 2024