Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Problem in Running Forms 10g ...
Problem in Running Forms 10g ... [message #228336] Mon, 02 April 2007 10:31 Go to next message
Hisham79
Hi All ,,,

I started using Oracle and Developer 10g and i dont have that much experience using them ..

i made a simple form just for test and when i run the form , the internet explorer opened and instead of giving me the layout for my form it gave me this

<html>
  <head> ORACLE FORMS.</head>
  <body onload="document.pform.submit();">
    <form name="pform" action="http://computer name:8889/forms90/f90servlet" method="POST">
      <input type="hidden" name="form" value="\\Server\c\acc_al\MODULEtest.fmx">
      <input type="hidden" name="userid" value="DAR/DAR@SERVER">
      <input type="hidden" name="obr" value="yes">
      <input type="hidden" name="array" value="YES">
    </form>
  </body>
</html>

Can anyone help me by telling me what does this code mean ??

Thanking You ...

[Mod-edit: changed formatting to a readable version]

[Updated on: Mon, 02 April 2007 11:45] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem in Running Forms 10g ... [message #228410 is a reply to message #228336] Mon, 02 April 2007 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
It means that the Developer Server and browser are not working together properly.

Did you follow all the instrcutions in the Developer installation guide? It is possible that the browser is not happy? Have a look at http://www.orafaq.com/forum/m/175873/67467/?srch=internet+options+advanced#msg_175873

David

Upd: My sincere apologies. I posted "It means that the Developer Server and browser are working together properly." It should have been "It means that the Developer Server and browser are NOT working together properly."

[Updated on: Tue, 03 April 2007 20:52]

Re: Problem in Running Forms 10g ... [message #228560 is a reply to message #228336] Tue, 03 April 2007 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hisham79
Mr. David ...

i read the instructions which was giving in ur link and now it worked 100% ..
and after that when i tried to run another form it gave me again the same problem ..

when i go to "Run a Form on the Web" it works fine without any problem .. but the form which i am trying to run gives me the problem ..

i dont know what is going on !!!

[Updated on: Tue, 03 April 2007 06:48]

Re: Problem in Running Forms 10g ... [message #228574 is a reply to message #228336] Tue, 03 April 2007 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hisham79
actually there is some thing strange !!!

when i open the form builder for the 1st time,if i made any form and run it then it will work fine.but after that nothing will work untill i close the form builder and open it again then it will work also for one time only then it will start giving me the same message !!

what kind of problem is this ???
Re: Problem in Running Forms 10g ... [message #228715 is a reply to message #228574] Tue, 03 April 2007 20:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Did you close the running form before launching it again from the Forms Builder?

Do you have the directory listed at the beginning of your FORMS_PATH and in the 'Start in' property of the shortcut from which you start your Forms Builder?

David
Re: Problem in Running Forms 10g ... [message #228907 is a reply to message #228336] Wed, 04 April 2007 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hisham79

Yeah i closed the running form before launching another one ..

when i start the form builder,the 1st form i try to run works 100% then if i close the running window and try to run the same form again it gave me the problem .

maybe the problem is from ActiveX Control !!

Because when i run the form for the 1st time the popup menu comes for me to allow this site.but it does not come when i try to run any form after that ..

any ideas !!!!
Re: Problem in Running Forms 10g ... [message #229725 is a reply to message #228907] Mon, 09 April 2007 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I repeat
Do you have the directory listed at the beginning of your FORMS_PATH and in the 'Start in' property of the shortcut from which you start your Forms Builder?

Can you get the form to start from the browser prompt?

David
Re: Problem in Running Forms 10g ... [message #230237 is a reply to message #228336] Wed, 11 April 2007 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hisham79

Quote:

I start the form builder from Start->programs->Oracle Developer->Forms Developer->Form Builder

is this what you mean Mr. David ??

The Strange Thing Mr. David is when i run the form builder in the first time and connect to oracle database (which is installed on another computer) , its working fine with me without any problem ..

But once i close the running window and try to run my form again ,it gives me the problem ..
Re: Problem in Running Forms 10g ... [message #230431 is a reply to message #230237] Wed, 11 April 2007 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
If you open a new browser window can you run the form from there?

Use the right mouse button on "Start->programs->Oracle Developer->Forms Developer->Form Builder" and tell me what text is in the 'Start in' slot.

David
Re: Problem in Running Forms 10g ... [message #230592 is a reply to message #228336] Thu, 12 April 2007 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hisham79

yeah if i open a new browser and try to run the form it will run for the 1st time only and after that it will give the same problem ..

i found this in the 'start in' -> C:\ORACLE10G\forms90

one more thing ,, after i started the OC4J instance and run the form , i got this in the dos screen for the OC4J

ConfigFileName : C:\ORACLE10G/forms90/server/formsweb.cfg

testMode : False

maybe there is something wrong in this Mr. David !!!
Re: Problem in Running Forms 10g ... [message #230792 is a reply to message #230592] Thu, 12 April 2007 20:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
In which directory do you have the forms on which you are working?

Please post the contents of your FORMS_PATH registry entry.

Have you modifed your 'default.env' in the '<FORMS_HOME>/forms/server' directory?

David
Re: Problem in Running Forms 10g ... [message #230944 is a reply to message #228336] Fri, 13 April 2007 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hisham79

Quote:
In which directory do you have the forms on which you are working?

I saved the forms which i created inside a folder in C Directory.

Quote:
Please post the contents of your FORMS_PATH registry entry.

Have you modifed your 'default.env' in the '<FORMS_HOME>/forms/server' directory?

I am sorry Mr. David for bothering you , But i really didnt get what you mean here or even how to check that !!
Re: Problem in Running Forms 10g ... [message #231199 is a reply to message #230944] Sun, 15 April 2007 22:58 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Please search this forum for 'forms path' and read an entry on how to access it.

Please search this forum for 'forms/server' and read an entry on what it is and why you shouldn't change it.

Have you read the 'README' file for Developer 10g?

David
Previous Topic: HELP: To insert data into a table when the delete button in apps is pressed
Next Topic: How to create a form with two frames which show record from the same table
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 26 22:54:50 CDT 2024