Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » FORMS 6.0i -> Forms 9i
FORMS 6.0i -> Forms 9i [message #208067] Fri, 08 December 2006 00:41 Go to next message
arunsenthild

Hi

What is involved in the process of upgrading from Forms6i to Forms 9i? How we convert form 6i to 9i? If i compile and run, some forms are not working in forms9i
regards
Arun
Re: FORMS 6.0i -> Forms 9i [message #208070 is a reply to message #208067] Fri, 08 December 2006 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kbhujendra@rediffmail.com

Hi,

arunsenthild wrote on Fri, 08 December 2006 12:11

What is involved in the process of upgrading from Forms6i to Forms 9i?How we convert form 6i to 9i?

MIGRATE FORMS 6i TO FORMS 9i / 10g?
-----------------------------------

With versions Forms 9i / 10g and higher, Oracle no longer supports client-server deployment of forms. When also considering the improvements and additions in Forms 9i / 10g , migration is no longer just a question of HOW TO do the migration, but HOW TO BEST do the migration for one's specific organisation.

Oracle Corporation has made available the "Oracle Forms Upgrade Center" on the Oracle Technology Network web site. This center provides a wealth of information on migration. It gives detailed information about Forms 9i, the web architecture and customer references. It provides specific roadmaps,tutorials, tips and demonstrations, and also technical information on enhancing,
tuning and scaling the Forms 9i / 10g applications

The Oracle Forms Upgrade Center can be accessed from a link on the "Oracle Forms" page on OTN, or directly from the URL quoted below.

Please refer:
http://otn.oracle.com/products/forms/htdocs/upgrade/content.html

Quote:
If i compile and run, some forms are not working in forms9i

Oracle added some utilities like Webutil etc.

If you want further information please visit
http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/10g_forms.html

Thanks,
Bhujendra
Re: FORMS 6.0i -> Forms 9i [message #208263 is a reply to message #208067] Fri, 08 December 2006 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naeeym
Hello,

I am new to Forms 9i. I was wondering if I can run forms in 9i just as I do in forms 6i, using ifrun60.exe. I could not find a ifrun90.exe, and the fmx created using forms 9i won't run with ifrun60.exe.

And I was also wondering if there is a way to bundle all the fmx and reps and mmx into a single compiled form like a exe or jar or zip or ear or something.

Thanks in advance.

Naeeym
Re: FORMS 6.0i -> Forms 9i [message #208284 is a reply to message #208263] Sat, 09 December 2006 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
arunsenthild

U cant run forms 9i like forms 6i. forms9i and 10g are fully web based.

Also u cant make such exe files.

Arun.
Re: FORMS 6.0i -> Forms 9i [message #208412 is a reply to message #208067] Sun, 10 December 2006 12:58 Go to previous message
lunate

you can search this forum for 'migration assistant',in order to migrate from form6i to form9i.may this is is most suitable way to upgrade your developer suit.

and remmeber each and every page of 9i ,10 g should be opened in I:E ,and u can not run the forms like u got the output as exe file in form 6i .
regards/
Previous Topic: Call report from foms
Next Topic: date type format error.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 14:32:01 CDT 2024