Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Problem in Locking
Problem in Locking [message #201256] Fri, 03 November 2006 05:33 Go to next message
samit_gandhi

Dear All

I have one form. I am operating my form with user defined buttons. I have one button named View when i press view i am doing enter_query and there is one button which call the lov and then execute_query.

Now the problem is when i fetch one record that record i can not see it from another pc. I want to see the same record from more than one place. How to do it?

Help me its urgent

Samit

[Updated on: Fri, 03 November 2006 05:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem in Execute Query [message #201258 is a reply to message #201256] Fri, 03 November 2006 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
This doesn't make much sense; data stored in a database should be visible to you (when connected providing the same credentials) wherever you are - PC's shouldn't make the difference.

However, if you are in INSERT mode and ... well, insert a record and DO NOT COMMIT it, you still see it in your form, but other users won't be able to see this record until you perform COMMIT.
Re: Problem in Locking [message #201260 is a reply to message #201256] Fri, 03 November 2006 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
samit_gandhi

than how to solve this problem i want to make the user to see the same record twice more

samit
Re: Problem in Locking [message #201547 is a reply to message #201260] Sun, 05 November 2006 17:26 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Are you receiving any message or messages on the screen? If so, please share them with us.

I believe that you are trying to access the records in update mode and you may be changing something via the Post-Query trigger. Once the first user locks the record the second user can not access it for update.

David
Previous Topic: freeze headings in excelsheet generated using TEXT_IO
Next Topic: help with form builder format mask
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 12:23:53 CDT 2024