Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Querying data in the detail block
Querying data in the detail block [message #200681] Tue, 31 October 2006 22:44 Go to next message
ym999
Hi,
Thank you so much for this useful forum
I am a new oracle programmer and I have created a master and detail relationshiop, relationship want to write a trigger to search for
data in the detail block ??? currently i just qouery data using
master block not detail block

Thank you for your help
Re: Querying data in the detail block [message #200690 is a reply to message #200681] Tue, 31 October 2006 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Are you trying to populate the master block via your search in the detail block or are you searching for a sub-set of the records retrieved through your query in the master block?

David
Re: Querying data in the detail block [message #201496 is a reply to message #200690] Sat, 04 November 2006 21:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ym999
Hi

Yes I am tring to populate the master block via your search in the detail block ,so what I can do

Thank you
Re: Querying data in the detail block [message #201562 is a reply to message #201496] Sun, 05 November 2006 19:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Basically, this is a no-can-do situation.

Either retrieve the master record you want in the master block and then get the sub-set you want by doing a second search in the detail block, or have a set of non-database items at the top of the canvas which has both master and detail fields, then when the user presses the 'search' button YOU go to the master block and do that search, then go to the detail block and do the sub-search. You should be able to set the 'default_where' for both blocks at the same time and then do the 'execute-query' calls.

I can't remember the exact behaviour of the built-in code created by the 'relations' wizard, you will have to test it and see.

David
Re: Querying data in the detail block [message #201818 is a reply to message #201562] Mon, 06 November 2006 22:09 Go to previous message
ym999

Thank you so much, I'll try do it

Thank you
Previous Topic: Using Common Dialog Active X COntrol
Next Topic: Auto Login in Forms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 12:29:50 CDT 2024