Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Display Multiple language Content on Frontend
Display Multiple language Content on Frontend [message #198172] Mon, 16 October 2006 00:05 Go to next message
amit.pandey
Hi,

I'm working on a database under unix env. that have a characterset of AL32UTF8,thr is a table containing the records in multiple languages like russian , french, german, english and some more.

we are using delphi under windows as a frond end , now my problem is to display the contents of table correctly, when i set the codepage to 1252 then french and german is displayed properly but russian is not, when i set the codepage to 1251 then only russian is displayed properly.now what i want is that is thr any codepage for UTF8 (to dispaly multiple language properly) so thr is some other way to display the appropriate database contents on front end.

Pls. if any body have any suggestions or queries then let me know.
Re: Display Multiple language Content on Frontend [message #198191 is a reply to message #198172] Mon, 16 October 2006 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Look at http://forums.oracle.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=1002347 and also the OracleŽ Database Globalization Support Guide at http://www-css.fnal.gov/dsg/external/oracle_dcm/v10.1.0.2/doc/www/DOC/server.101/b10749/ch3globe.htm

David
Re: Display Multiple language Content on Frontend [message #198208 is a reply to message #198191] Mon, 16 October 2006 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
amit.pandey
Dear djmartin

First of all thanks for the quick reply.
I've read all the documents u preferred and many more about this issue.But It doesn't help me, my problem is to display several language content on my front end screen simultaneously , for that i cannot set multiple NLS_LANG and code page. I can only select one of the language and its code page, which i did, but to display german, russian, english, vietnami languages how can i set 1 codepage.

frontend i'm using is delphi, i have tested it in Vb also, but it has the same result. Can u guide me now.

Thanks & Regards
Amit
Re: Display Multiple language Content on Frontend [message #198405 is a reply to message #198208] Tue, 17 October 2006 01:45 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Sorry ... looks like you are going to have to google it and hope.

David
Previous Topic: How will you select multiple tables in a single data block?
Next Topic: Calling a web service in Oracle forms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 12:31:48 CDT 2024