Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » urgent!!!!how to paste tabular records into a tabular block....
urgent!!!!how to paste tabular records into a tabular block.... [message #193096] Thu, 14 September 2006 21:24 Go to next message
raizen_underground
hello experts.....

the requirement is when i click the item in the tabular block the record that I coppied from excel will be paste on the item tabularly like how i coppied it...I code it withpaste_region but all the records only paste in
one field...Any help guys....tnx in advance....

raizen.....
Re: urgent!!!!how to paste tabular records into a tabular block.... [message #193120 is a reply to message #193096] Thu, 14 September 2006 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Do the paste into a hidden field then process that hidden field into its component pieces and place these component pieces into the displayed field.

David
Re: urgent!!!!how to paste tabular records into a tabular block.... [message #193217 is a reply to message #193096] Fri, 15 September 2006 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
raizen_underground
david....
tnx again for ur reply....I really dont know how to paste into a hidden field...I really dnt know the process....can u pls give the exact code and procedure for this...I desperately need this one....tnx again...

raizen...
Re: urgent!!!!how to paste tabular records into a tabular block.... [message #193684 is a reply to message #193217] Tue, 19 September 2006 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I would probably write my code in the When-Mouse-DoubleClick trigger.

As the documentation says that we can't override the 'Copy' function key, and the 'Paste_Region' command will only work in the current field, so we can't do that in a hidden field. So try this, do a 'Paste_Region' into the field in which you want the first data element, assign that element to a hidden field, process the hidden field by looking for the separators using the 'instr' function (you MAY have to work from the right hand end backwards through the field), then assign each definable portion of the field to one of the data fields in this row remembering to assign the first (or last depending on the direction in which you worked) portion to your current field, and then do a 'synchronize' to get Forms to refresh the screen.

David
Re: urgent!!!!how to paste tabular records into a tabular block.... [message #194042 is a reply to message #193684] Wed, 20 September 2006 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
raizen_underground
david...
tnx for your reply...but its hard for me to do those things you mentioned...but i will try those...i am only a newbie in oracle form....can u give me a more underatandable answer or a newbie?,...tnx in advance...

raizen....
Re: urgent!!!!how to paste tabular records into a tabular block.... [message #194191 is a reply to message #194042] Thu, 21 September 2006 02:40 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
If you are working in a business, then ask a collegue. If you are studying then pretend to like someone and ask for their help.

David
Previous Topic: help
Next Topic: how to make odbc connection & external data source (merged)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 12:23:54 CDT 2024