Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » CUSTOM.pll query help
CUSTOM.pll query help [message #190218] Tue, 29 August 2006 14:44 Go to next message
nazir.txstate
Hello,

I am trying to customize an LOV and I need to use a local variable in CUSTOM.pll query.

If I hard code the value as 3059 below, everything works fine but if I use it as a variable, say

v_test := 3059 and use the variable name in place of 3059 in query it does n't work. Actually I am supposed to use fnd_profile.value('COMPANY') in place of hard coded value. I tried giving this directly which didnot work either.

Here is the query which works with hard coded value 3059.
Needed: I have to use either the local variable or fnd_profile.value('COMPANY') in place of the hard coded value.

v_sql := 'select xxx from xxxx where xxxx' ||
' and ctt.gl_id_rec in (select code_combination_id from gl_code_combinations where segment1 = 3059)'

rg_id := FIND_GROUP( 'TRANS_TYPE_LNCUSTOM');

if id_null(rg_id) then
rec_id := CREATE_GROUP_FROM_QUERY( 'TRANS_TYPE_LNCUSTOM', v_sql);
result := POPULATE_GROUP(rec_id); SET_LOV_PROPERTY('ARXTWTGW_TRANSACTION_TYPE', GROUP_NAME, 'TRANS_TYPE_LNCUSTOM' );
end if;

Thanks in Advance,
Nazir.
Re: CUSTOM.pll query help [message #190449 is a reply to message #190218] Wed, 30 August 2006 15:43 Go to previous message
nazir.txstate
Hello Folks,

The following worked for me.

v_test := 3059;
v_sql := 'select xxx from xxxx where xxxx' ||
' and ctt.gl_id_rec in (select code_combination_id from gl_code_combinations where segment1 = '||v_test||')';

Thanks for your kind replies,
Nazir.
Previous Topic: Developer 6i forms
Next Topic: Diff between Post change and When validate Item
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:32:21 CDT 2024