Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » FROM clause query and global variables
FROM clause query and global variables [message #189946] Mon, 28 August 2006 12:47 Go to next message
bdrufner
FORMS 9.0.4 RDBMS 9.2.0.2

Summary: I am attempting to associate a single class (Form 1) with multiple students (form 2). Each student will have multiple sessions (Form 3).

So far, I have two forms. The first form name is CLASS and allows the user to select a single, unique class by query and then pressing a button. A WHEN BUTTON PRESSED trigger assigns the unique id of the class to a global variable and calls the second form.

The second form is called STUDENT. It will return multiple rows (many students per class based on the global variable set in the first form). I am attempting to do this via a FROM clause query in the STUDENT form. When I query, I receive a runtime error:

ORA-22806: not an object or REF

In my perfect world, I would like to query the STUDENT form and return only those students who are registered in the class selected in the CLASS form (limited by the value of the global variable). In addition, upon executing the query in the STUDENT form, I would like to return multiple rows (sessions) that the student attended. As I move the cursor from student to student in the STUDENT form, the sessions (forms 3) attended by each student highlighted in the STUDENT form would be reflected in form # 3.

Any ideas on how to get around the error referenced above or thoughts on my approach to my "perfect world" solution is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Barry
Re: FROM clause query and global variables [message #191733 is a reply to message #189946] Fri, 08 September 2006 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Have you solved your problem?

David
Re: FROM clause query and global variables [message #191856 is a reply to message #189946] Fri, 08 September 2006 07:01 Go to previous message
bdrufner
David - welcome back.

Yes, problem solved. Thanks for asking.

I ended up using the set_block_property built-in with the default where clause.
Previous Topic: Please help me to fix oracle form problem. Thanks
Next Topic: ORA-01422
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 12:40:50 CDT 2024