Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Global Variables Or Parameter List ?
Global Variables Or Parameter List ? [message #187363] Sat, 12 August 2006 16:14 Go to next message
qadeerahmed
Hi,

I've a Form Named 'SELECTION', Which Includes 3 comboboxes and one Button Named 'Next'.
What I want to do is, When User made his/her Selections from these Comboboxes, on Pressing 'Next' Button, It Should Call another Form, And Its Data Should be based on the Selections Made by the user.

Let's Say he selected; Program, Shift, And Session; On the Basis of these Selections, the next form should display all the related records to this selection.

Give me idea, how to achieve this goal? and how to implement that idea?

Thanks Alot !
Regards,
Qadeer ahmed
Re: Global Variables Or Parameter List ? [message #187438 is a reply to message #187363] Mon, 14 August 2006 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
How many tables are you describing in your previous post?

Please post a description of the table(s) and some sample data (see the sticky for an explanation on how to describe this information).

David
Re: Global Variables Or Parameter List ? [message #188028 is a reply to message #187438] Wed, 16 August 2006 16:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
qadeerahmed
I'm Using only 2 Tables Named as :- Program, StudentInfo

Program Includes the columns: ProgramNames,ProgrameCode,Session.
StudentInfo Includes: StudentName,Class,Section.

ProgramNames are 'MBA' ,'MSC', 'BA', 'BSE'.
ProgramCode like '01', '02', '03'.
Session includes 'Morning' or 'Evening'.

Class like 'BSE1','BSE2', 'BSE3'
Section can be 'A', 'B', 'C'

Now What I want to Do is:-

On First Form User Selects 'ProgramNames' Say 'MBA' And Session i.e 'Evening'. Now, When User Presses Next Button, New Form Should be called Displaying all the 'StudentNames, 'Class' And 'Section' those belongs to MBA Evening, the selection we made from previous form.

Regards
Qadeer Ahmed

Re: Global Variables Or Parameter List ? [message #188183 is a reply to message #188028] Thu, 17 August 2006 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
qadeerahmed
No One Knows the Answer... ??
Strange !!!!
Re: Global Variables Or Parameter List ? [message #188191 is a reply to message #188183] Thu, 17 August 2006 07:10 Go to previous message
Maaher
I'd use a parameter list. Examples are all over the board, I'm sure you'll find some code snippets here. But if it were up to me, I would use one form with a single record master and a multirecord detail.

MHE
Previous Topic: Problem in a Formula item
Next Topic: Show multiple records
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:46:14 CDT 2024