Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Oracle Forms in Bengali
Oracle Forms in Bengali [message #182185] Thu, 13 July 2006 08:26 Go to next message
ikram_iqbal

Hi,

I am currently working for an application in Oracle 10g DS.

Specs require input to be in Bengali Unicode.

I have configured the Database in UTF-8 Character set. And I can now (After a week of R&D) write Prompts Oracle 10g DS in Bengali Input.

Problem is :

WHEN I RUN THE APPLICATION, IT SHOWS SQUARE BOXES ONLY AND THE TEXT ITEMS (WHEN I INPUT IN BENGALI) SHOWS ???????????

Seems that Oracle JInitiator does not work for Unicode Fonts.

Please, anybody, can u help ??

Best Regards,

Ikram, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Re: Oracle Forms in Bengali [message #182499 is a reply to message #182185] Sat, 15 July 2006 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ikram_iqbal

Hi,

Please read my post and help me out. I am in deep trouble and need this solution badly.

I CANNOT MAKE JINITIATOR SHOW MY FORM IN UNICODE. FORMS BULIDER ONLY SHOWS IT IN DESIGN TIME (PROMPTS ONLY)

Best Regards,

Ikram
Re: Oracle Forms in Bengali [message #182520 is a reply to message #182499] Sun, 16 July 2006 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Please search this forum and then this site for 'UTF-8'. There are NLS settings that you have to change.

David
Re: Oracle Forms in Bengali [message #182535 is a reply to message #182185] Sun, 16 July 2006 07:40 Go to previous message
ikram_iqbal

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply. I have searched the forums before posting the message. If you have any link to anything I have missed, please post it in reply.

I have in fact changed a whole lot of things including NLS_LANG entry in registry (I have used AMERICAN_AMERICA.UTF8).

Also, I have installed the database using UTF8 character set for both whole database and national language.

I have also installed latest inscript.dll to support latest unicode compliance in my WinXP Service Pack 2.

For this reason, I can now use Bengali unicode characters in Lucida Sans UNICODE font and write prompts in Bengali in Oracle Forms 10g.

The Problem is Oracle JInitiator does not support Unicode characters.

I tried to use jpi but failed to run a single form using it.

Either it throws an exception or it quits the browser or it tries to download the Java plugin (Which has been downloaded several times)

I tried to edit the formsweb.cfg file and changed the jpi parameters to use Java Plugin 1.4.2_06 and changed the following entries:-

jpi_download_page=http://java.sun.com/products/archive/j2se/1.4.2_06/index.html
jpi_classid=clsid:CAFEEFAC-0014-0002-0006-ABCDEFFEDCBA
jpi_codebase=http://java.sun.com/products/plugin/autodl/jinstall-1_4_2-windows-i586.cab#Version=1,4,2,06
jpi_mimetype=application/x-java-applet;jpi-version=1.4.2_06

Now it always tries to download java plugin regardless of it has downladed it many times.

Refering back to the original problem, I want to use Jinitiator again. But all the web resources i have visited says that Jinitiator uses Java 1.3.XX which is not really suitable to handle multi language input method.

In other words, I am lost.

Please comment.

Regards,

Ikram

Previous Topic: migration of forms to a .NET application
Next Topic: LOV & Radio Button Problem ??
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:33:55 CDT 2024