Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » :system.record_status & Execute_Query
:system.record_status & Execute_Query [message #176884] Sun, 11 June 2006 03:10 Go to next message
shashikoor
Good Morning.

can anybody please tell in which case ":system.record_status" will become as 'Changed' & 'Query' after the
built-in "Execute_Query" is used.

My code in program is like the following.

Message('record status :'||":system.record_status);pause;
Execute_Query;
Message('record status 2:'||":system.record_status);pause;

In the first message I am getting 'New' and in the 2nd one 'Changed'. Here according to my requirement I should get 'Query' and not 'Changed'.

I used this code many times and always got 'Query' in the above scenario. But only today I'm facing this problem.

what I want know from you is in which scenario ":system.record_status" will become 'Query' and 'Changed' after using built-in "Execute_Query".

Thanks.
shashanka.
Re: :system.record_status & Execute_Query [message #176885 is a reply to message #176884] Sun, 11 June 2006 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jowahl
after EXECUTE_QUERY the system record status always has to be QUERY (if records had been found).

did you check if triggers (POST-QUERY, WHEN-NEW-RECORD-INSTANCE, ...) change the record?

do you check the status of the record in the right block (add :SYSTEM.TRIGGER_BLOCK or :SYSTEM.CURSOR_BLOCK to the message).
Re: :system.record_status & Execute_Query [message #176886 is a reply to message #176885] Sun, 11 June 2006 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shashikoor
Dear Mr.Jowahl,

I did not understand the 2nd line.do you mean cursor should go the next record ? Yes . I am getting all the records in my form.
I checked all your suggestions. Can you please give me somemore suggestions.

after EXECUTE_QUERY the system record status always has to be QUERY (if records had been found).

did you check if triggers (POST-QUERY, WHEN-NEW-RECORD-INSTANCE, ...) change the record?

do you check the status of the record in the right block (add :SYSTEM.TRIGGER_BLOCK or :SYSTEM.CURSOR_BLOCK to the message).

Re: :system.record_status & Execute_Query [message #177644 is a reply to message #176886] Fri, 16 June 2006 00:14 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Do you have a Post-Query trigger on the block against which you do the 'execute_query'?

David
Previous Topic: How 2 Run a form?
Next Topic: canvas
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 08:24:49 CDT 2024