Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Not fetching details for a master block
Not fetching details for a master block [message #175744] Mon, 05 June 2006 03:55 Go to next message
eshta

Hi to all,
I have a web enabled application that includes master details blocks

I have faced a problem twice. I'm not sure what is the main reason, but I noticed after making a backup process to our database, and trying to open the form and query... the data will be fetched for the master block but nothing will come in the detail one,
I tried to delete the relation in the block level and recreated it is not working,

but when I tried to recreated form from the scratch and insert the two blocks, it is working.
So it is not a problem in the database or in the constraints in that level, it is a problem in the form level,

But how to solve it and how to find the problem? I didn't figure yet..

I hope I can get the answer from your nice forum...
Re: Not fetching details for a master block [message #176374 is a reply to message #175744] Thu, 08 June 2006 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Are you doing a backup at the operating system file level, or are you doing an export, blow away database, then an import?

David
Re: Not fetching details for a master block [message #176408 is a reply to message #175744] Thu, 08 June 2006 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
eshta

The backup is done to the database in the server that I am connected to... then the data been imported after backup...
Re: Not fetching details for a master block [message #176604 is a reply to message #176408] Thu, 08 June 2006 21:18 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
You say that it is 'imported', so unless you now have the data duplicated in the table you either truncated or deleted the table. I believe that you deleted the table.

I think your problem is that the table 'object number' has been changed in the database.

I suggest that you just recompile and regenerate the 'fmx' in batch and the form should work.

Try that and see what happens.

David
Previous Topic: calculating totals conditionally
Next Topic: in grid not accept same code again
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 08:28:23 CDT 2024