Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Cant see regional characters in Forms 6i
Cant see regional characters in Forms 6i [message #167526] Thu, 13 April 2006 09:35 Go to next message
jumbomumbo
Hi,

I am facing a problem in forms 6i.
Lets say i have a form where most of the text labels are in English. I want them to appear in Bulgarian.

So i open the form and in the label change the text from english to bulgarian language. When i type the text, the text appears as junk. But when i compile, generate and run the form the text appears in correct bulgarian.

If i create a new canvas, and create a new label, i am able to type in correct bulgarian.

Also i have another problem. If i assign the default value of a text field to some bulgarian text, when i compile,generate and run the form, the default value appears as junk.
The nls_lang parameters is AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8ISO8859P1.
I am able to see bulgarian values properly from a table (either through a select from the table, or through a form by execute query)

Thanking youin advance.

Regards
Re: Cant see regional characters in Forms 6i [message #167904 is a reply to message #167526] Mon, 17 April 2006 21:38 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Verify the nls_lang setting in each of the environments: your PC, the application server, and the database server. Then you will understand why you are getting different results in different environments.

David
Previous Topic: Problems in web deployment of Forms(6i version)[PLEASE REPLY]
Next Topic: Invoke SWF files in Form 10g
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 08:14:45 CDT 2024