Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » can i make the table in the database that i open my application i insert the record it
can i make the table in the database that i open my application i insert the record it [message #147612] Fri, 18 November 2005 09:34 Go to next message
ashraf_arif59

can i make the table in the database that when i open my application i insert the record it
and when i close the application the insert record should be deleted

there are many possibility of closing the application
mean electricity fault,
close application abnormally

plz tell how i delete the related record;
Re: can i make the table in the database that i open my application i insert the record it [message #149774 is a reply to message #147612] Sun, 04 December 2005 22:53 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I suggest that you create a package containing a few procedures or functions. One procedure would create an entry in your 'user_info' table that says that you have started work. This procedure would be called in your When-New-Form-Instance trigger. It could test to see if there is already an entry in the 'user_info' table for this user and if so cause an alert to appear saying 'you failed to logoff properly' (or whatever). In your exit_form trigger you could call another procedure in the package and use it to either 'delete' the record from the 'user_info' table or change a 'session_status' to 'null'.

David
Previous Topic: getting sysdate on a field
Next Topic: Go Block on forms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 04:01:03 CDT 2024