Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Logout... can anyone help please...
Logout... can anyone help please... [message #147517] Fri, 18 November 2005 01:02 Go to next message
VSPB
hi

i want to use change user/logout option in my form. i used new_form to go to the login page. but it only works when i logout from the home page. if i try to log out from other forms then it does not log out completely. the calling form remains open. i've "Change User" as a option in the menu.

is there any other way to log out completely from anywhere and not just the home page.

my code is...

NEW_FORM('USER_LOGIN',TO_SAVEPOINT, No_query_only);

thanks

[Updated on: Fri, 18 November 2005 07:38]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Logout [message #147536 is a reply to message #147517] Fri, 18 November 2005 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
I take it you use CALL_FORM? I don't know this by heart, but it seems to me that forms keeps track of all the open/called forms in a system variable. Can't you loop through these and close all the open/called forms except your homepage?

Sigh, this is one of those times a Forms installation would help...anyone can confirm my idea?

MHE
Re: Logout [message #147581 is a reply to message #147536] Fri, 18 November 2005 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
VSPB
sorry the problem is still not solved. can anyone help please.
Re: Logout... can anyone help please... [message #149772 is a reply to message #147517] Sun, 04 December 2005 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Have you tried just going back to your 'home page' using 'exit_form' from any form that has been opened using a 'call_form', or if you have been using 'new_form' then just do a 'new_form to your 'home page' and do a 'logout'?

David
Re: Logout... can anyone help please... [message #149806 is a reply to message #149772] Mon, 05 December 2005 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
VSPB
hi david

Good to see you back. Actually I want to give the option of change user in my forms. I may be in any form, when I click on the Change User sub menu, in my main menu, the login screen should appear, closing all the other forms. I have written this on Change user sub menu: -

NEW_FORM('USER_LOGIN',TO_SAVEPOINT, No_query_only);

It works perfectly when done from homepage. But if I try to change user from any other form, it shows the login screen, but once i log in using different username, the previous forms still remain open. Even the homepage of the previous user. Only the homepage of the new user opens. Other forms are of the previous user.

i hope i could explain my problem clearly.

Please Help...

Thank you

[Updated on: Mon, 05 December 2005 01:12]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Logout... can anyone help please... [message #149996 is a reply to message #149806] Mon, 05 December 2005 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Did you try a 'logout' command?

David
Re: Logout... can anyone help please... [message #150490 is a reply to message #149996] Thu, 08 December 2005 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
VSPB
yes i did try logout command, but it logs out from the database connection, i just want all my forms to exit in the same session and a new user should be able to login. these users are created in the user master forms in my application.
Re: Logout... can anyone help please... [message #150665 is a reply to message #150490] Fri, 09 December 2005 00:06 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
If you have just a few forms available to you then use as series of FIND_FORM and CLOSE_FORM commands to close anything other than the homepage. If you have MANY forms then create a table of them and via a cursor loop process each form in turn.

Look at the Forms documentation for the syntax and examples. It should also be under the F1 Help key.

David
Previous Topic: Generating unique numbers
Next Topic: Frm- 40508 (need help.........)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 04:27:56 CDT 2024