Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » creating exe of a form
creating exe of a form [message #146763] Sun, 13 November 2005 20:31 Go to next message
gautamvv
hello to all

i have searched the board, but i could not understand this one.

can anyone please explain me how to prepare an exe of a form?

my requirement is:

i have developed a single form, from which i am calling a report, now i want to make exe of the form, means, a shortcut
at desktop, clicking at which the form should open, instead
of going into files(harddisk), how to go about it?

version is forms 6, reports 6
Re: creating exe of a form [message #146767 is a reply to message #146763] Sun, 13 November 2005 20:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
An 'exe' from a 'form' does not happen. You have probably already found this out by searching the forum.

But you were nice enough to explain that you REALLY meant how to run form from a shortcut. Okay, create a shortcut, add command like "ifrun60 module=custform userid=scott/tiger" and make sure that the directory containing the form is in the 'start in' slot.

The directory containing your report should be at the beginning of the 'REPORTS_PATH' entry in the register.

David
Re: creating exe of a form [message #146785 is a reply to message #146763] Sun, 13 November 2005 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gautamvv
thank you for the information i am able to open the form directly by giving the following at command prompt.

ifrun60 module=D:\apmc\ADDITIONAL_QUALIFICATIONS.fmx userid=scott/tiger@indus

i created a shortcut of the FMB (FORM) at desktop, and am giving .fmx in the above command. and in the shortcut properties for start in slot, i gave the path where the fmb is stored

my question is: where to give the above ifrun60 command so that my form will open when i click the shortcut?

i am able to call the report without performing the second step, ie, "The directory containing your report should be at the beginning of the 'REPORTS_PATH' entry in the register." (as i did not understand , all i could get was that i was to tamper the registers (OS files)).

Mod-upd: Get rid of superfluous carriage returns. Please read sticky about punctuation.

[Updated on: Sun, 13 November 2005 23:27] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: creating exe of a form [message #146792 is a reply to message #146785] Sun, 13 November 2005 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Quote:

my question is: where to give the above ifrun60 command so that my form will open when i click the shortcut?

The desktop or hot bar is always a good place to store commonly used shortcuts.

You solution works as long as you don't move the forms or reports to another directory and you have the FULL name in all your calls.

David

[Updated on: Sun, 13 November 2005 23:30]

Report message to a moderator

Re: creating exe of a form [message #147251 is a reply to message #146763] Wed, 16 November 2005 16:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
khangkhoa
No Message Body
Re: creating exe of a form [message #147319 is a reply to message #146763] Thu, 17 November 2005 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kiran
Quote:

By the way, I need help on either
1-How to call a report from oracle form (Crystal report) or
2- Call an exe file from Oracle form with parameter passing
Can any one help me with this.

you could use "RUN_REPORT_OBJECT()" built-in for running the reports from forms.

--Kiran.
Re: creating exe of a form [message #147790 is a reply to message #147319] Mon, 21 November 2005 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dev73
I am using the forms Runtime to execute .fmx files.
For e.g.
C:\Dev6i\BIN\ifrun60.EXE module=d:\shares_deploy\main_menu.fmx

After the above command there appears a window asking for
Username, password and database.

What I want is that it should ask the username and password only
and take the database name as a constact.

I tried this but didnt worked

C:\Dev6i\BIN\ifrun60.EXE userid= / @db_name module=d:\shares_deploy\main_menu.fmx.

Can anyone help.

Thanks
Re: creating exe of a form [message #147912 is a reply to message #147790] Mon, 21 November 2005 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
khangkhoa
No Message Body
Re: creating exe of a form [message #148208 is a reply to message #147912] Wed, 23 November 2005 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dev73
I read that file , but it is not usefull
as I told you
when I do
userid= / @dbname

it gives an error, and then when I press OK then it comes
to login window and ask for username and password, the
database name is displayed as dbname by default.

What I want that it should not give an error first.

Thanks and Regards,

Asim Naveed
Re: creating exe of a form [message #149768 is a reply to message #148208] Sun, 04 December 2005 22:25 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Quote:

C:\Dev6i\BIN\ifrun60.EXE userid= / @db_name module=d:\shares_deploy\main_menu.fmx.
Lose the spaces between the 'userid=' and the '/' and the '@' sign.

Use "userid=/@db_name", no spaces.

David
Previous Topic: value in form
Next Topic: viewing data dynamically??question for Forms Gurus??
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 04:00:07 CDT 2024