Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Forms 4.5 - Is Query all records in a block available?
Forms 4.5 - Is Query all records in a block available? [message #140742] Wed, 05 October 2005 07:48 Go to next message
Wade
Hello,
I am using Forms 4.5 and need to display a Sum column on several fields in a record block. I tried to accumulate the value of the columns in a Post_Query trigger, but that does not pull all records initially. In later versions of form you can use block property - query all records - YES - but I can not find anything for forms 4.5 that will do this. Only other solution I can come up with is to actually write a separate select sum() for each field total I need.
Any suggestions or comments are appreciated.
Thanks.
Wade
Re: Forms 4.5 - Is Query all records in a block available? [message #140860 is a reply to message #140742] Wed, 05 October 2005 23:39 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Don't do the sum in the post-query because it does it for each record. You want something that happens just once for the block. Try adding the 'select sum() from table' in a Key-Exeqry triggers associated with your block. In the trigger have the execute_query statement which you need to do the query, followed by the 'sum' statements to populate the other items.

David
Previous Topic: receive date of format dd.mm.yyyy HH24:MI
Next Topic: validating duplicate records without using post
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 03:34:21 CDT 2024