Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » ........ Menu bar ..... How to cal........
........ Menu bar ..... How to cal........ [message #140150] Sat, 01 October 2005 07:41 Go to next message
orcl_dba
HI.
I am facing a problem. I have a Menu Bar,which call different Form.
Kindly tell me what is the difference between call_form and SHow_form.
Second question is tht . currently i m using call_form('path')

Now when i run the form, the default forms opens, user navigate to another form through menu bar , say form y, and view the record related to form y,, now it navigate for form z and updte record/view record, If it again press button to go to form y , the new form shows up, and when user wants to exit the application , he has to press x button in right corner of window, the form closed, but not the application cuz user has to close all the forms he has called during his session. This is not the correct thing ..
waht i think of is . to have a global variable that says 1 whenever a certain form is called first time.
then everytime is is again called off, we can use show /hide
am i right or not.
becaseu it is no use that user whenver tyr ot navigate a new from instance opens.
how to stop that .
your kind sugggestion will help.
thnx

Re: ........ Menu bar ..... How to cal........ [message #140351 is a reply to message #140150] Mon, 03 October 2005 19:37 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Please do not use IM english - it sucks!! I know that English is not the first language of many of the participants of this forum, but the combination of poor english AND PURPOSEFUL ABBREVIATING of this poor English is a NIGHTMARE to read. There IS a spelling checker, USE IT.

There is not a show_form command, you are probably thinking of show_view or show_window. What you need to use is 'new_form' which closes the old form when the new one is opened. There are threads which include LARGE sections of the manual on the differences between 'call_form', 'open_form', and 'new_form'.

David
Previous Topic: authentication for menu
Next Topic: Records from date to sysdate (merged)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 03:47:05 CDT 2024