Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » .............. print option...in Forms.
.............. print option...in Forms. [message #139993] Fri, 30 September 2005 07:44 Go to next message
orcl_dba
Hi. thanx alot for giving help and share knowledge with all of us.
I would like to ask that how can i give an option to the users so that they can print the record.
I mean is it possible that if i allow users to print the Form , with all field daata is printed in a manner./style i want. what kind of option we have when we use printer option with Forms 6i.
I want to give this facility to my users specially for the search Form , where when search data come in different text or list item , if user wants , he can print them.
Can i give him print facility so that he can print like a text word document, or it wil have some default setting and way , as to how it prints the data..

Thanx alot for your kind replies..
Re: .............. print option...in Forms. [message #140032 is a reply to message #139993] Fri, 30 September 2005 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shahz198
HEY BUDDY I HAVE A IDEA FOR YOU
WHAT U DO IS THAT U USE THE CHECK BOXES OPTIONS MEANS IF THE USER WHAT THAT HE WANT TO PRINT SPECIFIC DATA HE MUST CHECK THE CHECK BOXES AND ONLY THOSE SHOULD BE PRINTED.

BYE
Re: .............. print option...in Forms. [message #140108 is a reply to message #139993] Fri, 30 September 2005 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
orcl_dba
Your idea is good but how to implement it.
i do not know how to use the print option in Forms 6i.. Is there any particular command etc

ideas will help
thanx
Re: .............. print option...in Forms. [message #140120 is a reply to message #140032] Sat, 01 October 2005 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shahz198
this is the print commmand

Declare
RP paramlist;
BEGIN
RP:=create_parameter_list('tmpdata');
ADD_PARAMETER(RP,'PARAMFORM',TEXT_PARAMETER,'NO');
RUN_PRODUCT(REPORTS,'R_auth_usr.rep',SYNCHRONOUS,RUNTIME,FILESYSTEM,RP,NULL);
DESTROY_PARAMETER_LIST(RP);
END;

well for still any help can visit
www.itsforu.cjb.net at computer stuff
Re: .............. print option...in Forms. [message #140348 is a reply to message #140120] Mon, 03 October 2005 19:22 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
IF you want to print only the lines that have been 'ticked' then one method is to write the data elements to a file via 'utl_file', this file can been saved to the TMP file area (use 'webutil' to find this 'save' area) and then pass the filename to the report which reads the lines and prints your output. This report could be Oracle Reports, MS Excel, or by using MS Word's mail-merge facility to incorporate 'data' into a standard word template.

David
Previous Topic: Urgently Required
Next Topic: avoiding save changes window?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 03:32:20 CDT 2024